twenty

________________________________

AS THE SHIP CREASED BOUNCING, THEY ALL LOOKED AROUND. ALEX INSTANTLY GELT HER ANXIETY LEVELS RISE DRASTICALLY, knowing whatever came next wouldn't be good. They floated through a deserted wasteland, filled with broken ships and parts. The sun shined brightly behind a shadow, as if it were eclipsing. 

Thor covered Jane with a blanket, and Alex could see the despair in his eyes. Even she was beginning to feel wary about their plan. 

"What I would do with the power that flows through those veins," Loki looked at Jane. Then, he turned to Alex. "Or yours, for that matter,"

"It would consume you." Thor spoke condescendingly. 

"She's holding up all right, for now." 

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know."

"You guys, now is not the time." Alex rolled her eyes. 

"Say goodbye," Loki taunted. 

Alex hit his arm, raising her eyebrows. Loki winked, causing her to scoff. 

"Not this day,"

"This day, the next. A hundred years, it's nothing." Loki's voice rang. "It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman who's love you've prized, will be snatched from you."

Alex looked at Loki, knowing he was no longer talking about Jane. The grief over Frigga was still fresh in his mind. 

"Will that satisfy you?!" 

"Satisfaction is not in my nature," 

"Surrender is not in mine." Thor grew angry. 

Loki smirked. "Son of Odin--"

"No, not just of Odin. You think you alone were loved of Mother? You had her tricks but I had her trust--"

Alex's eyes darted between the two. This was the last moment they could all be living, and they chose to live it by fighting. Only they would, she thought. 

"Trust? Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?!"

"What help were you!?" 

Alex intervened right as Thor started to raise his arm. "You two, stop!" She stood between them, but their eyes were locked on each other. 

"She wouldn't want you to fight," Alex's soft words made both Thor and Loki look down at her. 

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki gave a small smile to Thor. 

Thor began to smile back, chuckling. "I wish I could trust you,"