fourteen

________________________________

LOKI RETURNED TO HIS CHAMBERS IN A DISTRESSED DAZE. UPON SEEING HIS ARRIVAL, Alex jumped up. He took one look at her, and saw her angry expression. He immediately decided he wasn't in the mood. 

"Whatever you're about to say, save it." 

"You went to Earth!?" She demanded. 

Loki furrowed his brows. How could she have known that? The window in his chambers overlooked the gardens, not beyond that. She couldn't have known he went to the Bifrost, and even if she did, how did she know why?

"Who told you that?" He growled. 

"Doesn't matter. Why the hell did you go to Earth? What did you do?!" 

"Who told you?" He repeated, deadly calm. 

"Your mother." 

He fell silent. Now that Frigga knew she was here, there was no telling what she would do. She was unpredictable in how she handled things. She would no doubt question why he held a girl captive, especially her being mortal. However, Frigga most definitely would be able to sense that the girl has powers, and Loki wasn't sure how she'd respond to that. 

"You've met Frigga." 

"I have. We had a lovely chat." Alex said, her voice dripping with attitude. "Now, tell me why you went to Earth." 

"Do not give me orders."

"Did you hurt anyone?" She asked, almost afraid of the answer. She instantly thought of Tony, and how she was unsure if he'd be able to fight Loki by himself. If anything happened to him, she'd be devastated. Even worse, she wouldn't know. 

"No." 

She felt relief, but was then overwhelmed with confusion. 

"D-Did they offer you the scepter?" 

"They set a trap." Loki said with a hard face. "They thought I would fall for a decoy."

"Why'd you go down then if you knew it was fake?" 

"I didn't know it was fake when I saw it at the Bifrost. It was when I stepped into the room and felt the absence of power that I realized."

"They didn't try to trap you?" 

"They did, I'm just not an idiot." 

Alex rolled her eyes. She considered pressing the matter, but thought better. However, she was dying to ask about his mother. What would she even ask? What did she want to ask? How much did she want to know?

"What is troubling you this time?" His voice took her out of her head.

"Who said I'm troubled?"