thirty-four

_______________________________

LOKI'S EYES QUICKLY DARTED IN BETWEEN HIS LOVE AND THE TWO MEN WITH THEIR ARMS crossed over their chests. Alex stood tall, her expression defiant as she awaited someone to say something. 

"You all are really making a big deal out of this, aren't you?" Alex huffed. 

"A big deal out of you moving to Asgard? Alex, it's not like you're just moving to Canada."

"Would you prefer Canada?"

"His point is that if something goes wrong, we won't be able to come help you." Steve spoke, eyes flickering to Loki, who scowled. 

"I appreciate your concern, but I am a grown woman. Plus, he couldn't hurt me if he tried." 

Loki scoffed. 

"I'm going to install a communication device in your suit. You'll have to give me a couple hours to figure out how it'll withstand the distance," Tony spoke. 

"Fine. I want to get a couple things from my apartment anyways." 

"Do you need me to go with you?"

"Tony, Loki is fully capable of escorting me himself." 

"If you have any complications, don't be afraid to notify me." Tony gave a pointed look. 

She nodded. She had been to her apartment a couple times since she had left, each time including an awkward run in with her ex-fiancé. She prayed he wouldn't be there today, as she was unsure how she'd explain Loki. 

"You'll need to change," She spoke to the Asgardian. 

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing now?"

"This is New York, Loki. Just trust me."

He rolled his eyes, and waved his hand. The garbs of Asgardian royalty that he wore instantly transformed into a t-shirt and khaki pants. 

"That is weirdly disturbing." Tony looked him up and down. 

"Don't make him insecure."

"He looks like a youth group leader."

"We're leaving." Alex rolled her eyes, taking Loki's hand. 

"So, I'm going to see where you reside?"

"Yes, King Arthur, I'm taking you to my place." She spoke. "Well, I moved into Stark Tower, so I don't technically live there anymore,"

"Why did you move?"

"It's a long story." She muttered. 

They walked through the streets of New York, and Alex kept a close eye on Loki. She watched in amusement as he was baffled by the concept of a stop light, and laughed when he was nervous getting on the subway.