fifteen

________________________________

FRIGGA LOOKED BETWEEN THE TWO, AND COULD TELL THEY WERE JUST IN THE MIDDLE OF some kind of argument. She knew her son better than anyone, and could immediately sense his distress. 

However, her other son was also distressed. 

"Thor is in Asgard?" Alex was the first to speak. 

Loki's eyes narrowed. "You stay in here." 

"Don't tell me what to do." She defied. 

Frigga intercepted Loki's angry stride toward Alex. "She must come. She may be able to help."

Both Loki and Alex looked to Frigga, who was sure in her words. Alex was shocked she was being considered as someone who could help. She would do so in a heartbeat. Loki, on the other hand, rolled his eyes and thought for a moment. He didn't want to risk Thor escaping with his prisoner. Hell, he didn't even know how Thor gained access to Asgard.

Unless, he accidentally left the Bifrost open. 

Ignoring Loki's cursing, Frigga led Alex out of the room. They hurriedly walked, leaving him to his thoughts.

He was outraged. He was not at all surprised that Thor had made a grand entrance home, hijacking Loki's plans. He had to quickly think of a way to divert Thor from returning Alex to Earth. He would not allow that to happen, not when the scepter was at stake. 

The smallest bit of hope he had was also at stake. 

Alex was brought into a dimly lit room, where she saw Thor, and some unfamiliar faces. She met Thor's eyes, and he looked relieved. 

"Thor," She breathed. 

She walked briskly over to him, wrapping her arms around him. It was a settling feeling to be in the presence of someone from home. Even if Thor wasn't of Earth, and barely knew her, she felt safe around an Avenger. She caught the eye of the young woman with Thor. She was very small, with plain brown hair and a normal-looking outfit. Alex had forgotten what Earthly clothes had looked like, which led her to question how long she had actually been here. 

"Clark, this is Jane. My, um, well--" Thor stumbled. 

"It's nice to meet you, Jane. I'm Alex," 

"Thor has told me about you. I'd love for you to tell me all about the things you can do. I'm an astrophysicist myself, so documenting such an interesting phenomenon--"

"We're ready for you, milady." Two women in matching garbs told Jane, who nodded. 

They helped her onto a table of some sort, and began to work on her. Gold dust particles flew above Jane, and her eyes widened in amazement. Alex, too, was taken aback by this unique technology.