Redemption

- Raivis' POV -

"This better be good, kid" I heard a voice come towards me. I look back to see a Feliks approach. He wasn't happy, "I could literally be eaten alive for this,"

"I know, and I'm sorry for putting you in danger like this" We met at the junkyard, "...Were you crying?"

"I didn't came to talk about me, Raivis," he said bluntly. What did you want?"

"I know a way to be redeemed and spared by Ivan,"

He scoffed, "There's no way to be redeemed or spared by the leader of the Kol Clan. Unless your Yao, I guess,"

"No, listen. The cafe I've been in; It's a mess. You won't believe who I ran into: The One Eyed"

"Lily?" Feliks perked up and then frowned, "We already figured that out kid,"

"What?" I looked up at him, "Then why haven't the clan done anything about it? Wasn't that what they wanted?"

"That was what Katyusha wanted" Feliks rolled his eyes, "Ivan on the other hand is a wuss. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one considering he wants me dead. He's too busy daydreaming about Yao and is dedicated more to solve his case,"

"Oh... then I guess you and the clan wouldn't be interested in the other guy..."

"Hm? What are you talking about now?"

"The last experiment they were working on. The guy with the white hair and weird accent? He's also there"

"1918?" Feliks said, "Holy shit, Raivis. This must be some kind of joke-"

"Or some dumb luck or coincidence!"

"So that's where the bastard went off to" Feliks thought, "What's up with him?"

"He seems to have forgotten his memory. But he is starting to remember bits and pieces. Lily and I have been observing him. She started to whisper the trigger and it seems like it still works. We didn't dare to fully test it out, Lily only did a part of the recitation to see if his behavior changes a bit,"

"Seems like you two make a good team, huh?"

I shrugged, not really wanting to talk about that, "We want to make a plan to capture him and take him to Ivan,"

Feliks did a double take and scoffed, "Are you serious?"

"Yes. It may be the only way for Lily and I to come back to the clan without being killed. If Ivan sees what we are able to do, he may forgive us and we wouldn't have to worry for our lives. For once, I won't be the one who messes up, but rather than one who did something good for once!"

"Wait-" Feliks interrupted, "Why on earth do you want to come back to the clan?... There's ghouls in the clan who are dying to get out and you're safe in the cafe, aren't you? Why would you want to come back to us where you have been terrified your whole life"

I thought for a moment, kicking around the trash in the junkyard, "You said it. The clan has been my whole life. You found me as a child alone and I grew up more ghoul than human. It's been awkward being alone in the cafe. All of them seemed close but they seem more more human. They have a life outside of murdering to survive. And speaking of, their resources have gotten lower since Lily and I came. Do you know that they rarely hunt? And when they do, they have to portion it out? I feel like I'm just taking advantage of them by staying there. And what do I do all day? I just sit in the room. I feel trapped and like I serve no purpose. I've been a ghoul all my life and I don't think I could ever assimilate into human society. I've used to wonder about it, seeing kids my age go to school and go back to a house with a family. But I know now that's something I'll never have. I live as a feral ghoul and I'll die like one, Feliks. I think I'll only ever belong to the clan"