Brother

- Lukas' POV -

It was a quiet ride home.

It wasn't until we were safe at home that the arguing started.

"So?" I asked before Emil could even head to his room. I could imagine his eyes rolling before he faced me.

"So? So what?" He asked.

"You know what. I have a lot of questions for you," I sat on the couch, signaling him to do the same, which he did reluctantly and crossed his arms, "Why did you lie?"

Emil scoffed and glanced at me, "That's the first question you ask me?"

"Be quiet," I said seriously, "You didn't really go to the library, did you?"

"I thought that part was obvious,"

I bite my tongue, struggling from harming the snarky teenager. I calm myself and continued, "Why were you out past your curfew with a boy in a junkyard?"

"We're not dating, if that's what your worried about,"

"Answer the question, Emil,"

He sighed, pushing his hair back with his hand and thought for a while before answering, "We were just hanging out,"

"You lied to me just for you to hang out?!"

"Well, obviously I had to because you would never let me!"

"And you know exactly why! It's dangerous out there!"

"Oh god-" Emil whined, "I'm not a little kid, Lukas! I can take care of myself!"

"By using your abilities as a ghoul? Were you really thinking of exposing yourself to a human?"

Emil was about to argue again but stopped, "I guess I didn't thought of that,"

I nodded and frowned, "You are not allowed out at all. Only for school,"

"What?! Why?!"

"I clearly can't trust you to be in the open,"

"And I don't want to see you with that boy again,"

"Now you're pushing it,"

I sighed, rubbing my fingers against my forehead, "Emil, please understand. I'm your big brother, I'm supposed to protect you,"

"Whatever," Emil muttered under his breath and walked away quickly. On his way to the hallway, he crashed into Matthias.

"Woah, kiddo! Someone's grouchy," Matthias said with a smile but then noticed Emil's serious expression, "Tough day at school?"

Emil ignored him and walked to room. He didn't forget to remind us of his anger by slamming the door, making Matthias and I flinch.

Matthias let out a whistle and let himself fall beside me on the couch, "Alright. What did big brother Lukas did to upset him?"

I sigh deeply and let my head fall on his shoulder, "It's a long story,"

I decided to spare him from knowing that Emil was reckless and doing things he wasn't supposed to. Matthias would have freaked out more than I have and who knows what he would have said or done.

"Anyways, did you managed to find him?"

Matthias shook his head, "Nope. It's like he completely disappeared. I know Berwald said he was wanted to be on his own but I expected him to crawl back here by now,"

"Maybe he's comfortable with that human on the newspaper,"

"Berwald doesn't like people. He wouldn't do that," he said as confident as he wanted to be.