The Hero

-Kiku's POV-

It was dark. This part of the town rarely has any lights on outside so there is barely any people here after midnight. A little while after Feliciano left with his brother and his friend, I started planning the mask. I wanted to finish it as soon as possible.

I don't like going out as much as others do. I rather be alone. The only times I do go out is to the coffee shop, to eat, and to look for materials for my items. I would go to a shop, but at the junkyard, there can be many things I could get and collect for free. It's one of my hobbies and it's much more fun than going out and buying things. I also enjoy hanging out with some acquaintances in the junkyard.

I grabbed a flashlight and my bag and went out. It was almost 2:00 am. It was a quiet and cold walk. I liked it. Almost exiting the town, there is the junkyard. It was surrounded by a fence which I mastered climbing over. Hopefully, there aren't any guards around tonight. They wouldn't attack me but they would make me get out.

When I got to the other side, I turned my flashlight on and started exploring. I got some metal parts and plastic and also some broken action figures. I can easily fix it.

I went deeper and searched for more things. Suddenly, I heard a crash further ahead. Maybe it was a cat that made a pile of trash fall. That's what I thought I heard a scream. I quickly headed towards the noise and stopped and I turned off my flashlight. I went behind a broken car and tried to see what was there. I finally realized that there were two people. One was on the floor, bleeding and dead and the other was eating the organs.

This was another ghoul. I didn't know them. This ghoul had short blond hair covering his bloody mouth. I was about to leave but then came another ghoul, "Feliks, are you really doing this right now?"

"Aw Toris, I haven't ate anything since we left,"

"Why are you such a glutton?"

"I'm not a glutton! I just get hungry quick,"

"Well now you gotta clean this mess. We can't meet up with Eduard and the others like this,"

"Can't we rest for a while? We have been walking for like, a million of hours,"

"Can you stop being so dramatic?"

"Can you stop being such a party pooper? Look, I don't think they would get mad if we grabbed a bite. The guy is dead, we shouldn't let him go to waste,"

The new comer was a burnette. I tried to looked at them better and noticed they were wearing matching dark blue cloaks.

"We'll stay here for a bit while you finish up but then we will have to go quick!"

"Thanks Toris! Here, you can have some too. Go ahead, I don't bite,"

I waited before they were distracted and walked away farther from them. Those cloaks, it's been a long time, but I remember them. They were part of the Kol Klan. What are they doing here? There has been times there were one or two around. But this seems bad. They're planning something. I should go warn Feliciano and Lovino just to be safe. I was about to leave and I saw two figures walk over to where I was hiding. I couldn't see who they are and I looked to where to hide. I stood up and started to run the opposite way as quietly as I could and found myself on a dead-end and grabbed onto the fence.

"Well, look what we found Toris! Another victim?"

"Feliks, I told you to not go after him!"

I tuned around and saw the two cloaked ghouls. They trapped me.

"What can I say? I saw this rat scurry away. You probably saw us, didn't you?"

"I-i saw nothing! I swear!"