Blood

- Kiku's POV-

I ran home as quickly as possible, hoping that Alfred will not chase after me. The image of his blood on his hand still vividly in my head and his face of panic terrified me as much as Yao did. 

I can feel myself giving in to the smell of the human blood.

Unlike other ghouls, I have no self control when I'm in my ghoul form. Ten years ago, the Kol Clan killed my parents and used me as an experiment in order to find a way to create stronger ghouls that they could control. They trained me to kill in command by using human blood, but I was a failed experiment due to not being able to follow their commands and go crazy. I usually never remember what happens, but I act like a complete animal. I escaped and then Yao took me in. I thought I was going to live a normal life despite slowly starving because I rejected their food. And to be honest, I was OK with starving to death because I was grateful I had a family again. 

Then, when Yao was gone, Mei accidentally cut herself while cutting vegetables. I remember the bright red blood and the smell when she walked into my room, asking me to get a bandage. After that, I remember my eyes going dark and losing complete control. It was like I wasn't me. A voice in my head told me I must eat. And when I regained consciousness, I saw the bodies. And I saw Yao and his expression. And so I ran again.

Hercules found me after that and he has been the only person who knows. He kept me hidden for a couple years until the news stopped covering about it. 

After that, I settled in my own place where I rarely leave. Until Alfred showed up and showed me how to be a little more care-free and have fun and I love him for that. But I knew sooner or later that something terrible was going to happen, like this night.

I ran as quickly as I saw his blood on my hands. I didn't mean to hurt him, I was panicking because Yao was so close. He changed a lot but I can still recognize the pain and disgust in his voice when he spoke. I had to get away from Alfred before he sees me lose control.

The voices and commands the kol clan taught me were imprinted in my head, "Kill. Eat. Kill,"

'I can't breathe...'

I almost collapsed in front of my apartment. Luckily, Hercules was there, waiting for me, "Kiku? Are you alright?"

He realized what was happening as I looked at him, wide-eyed with my ghoul eyes and shaking, "B-blood..."

"Eat. Kill,"

"We need to get you inside,"

Leaning on him, he dragged me into the house. All my senses were heightened at an uncomfortable level. I could feel my own heartbeat rapidly beating and the vision of blood still in my thoughts. I stumbled onto the floor as I felt a migraine form. Unable to control it, my Kagune sprouted from my back

"KILL. EAT."

Hercules restrained me to keep me on the floor and I growled back, "Kiku! Calm down!"

"KILL,"

He has dealt with me before and together, we have learned how to stop myself from going berserk. As I felt my vision go dark and losing my train of thought, he knelt in front of me and pinned my hands onto the ground, "Listen to me. You're OK, now. There's no blood, no people. Just you. Don't give in to yourself. Think of other things and breathe. Focus on my voice,"

Slowly, my vision came back before I was able to lost control and my breathing became more stable, "F-Focus... On you..."

"Yes," he said softly, "Put your kagune back. You're ok,"

I subconsciously did as I was told.

"Scan the room and list what you see. Count how many masks there are. Can you sit up now?"

Tired, I nodded and he slowly let go of his grip. I sat up and felt my chest hurt, I coughed and he patted my back. I was still shaking and breathing hurt. He wiped the sweat of my forehead, pushing my hair away. I glanced at his worried expression. It has been a long time since he had to do this to keep me under check. He gently pulled me into a hug, putting his hand through my hair, as he knows that comforts me, "You're OK, now."

He looked down at my hands, that were covered in Alfred's blood. Now that I've regain consciousness, it wouldn't aggravate me anymore, but I wouldn't take the chance. He left to come back with a towel, wiping it off my shaking hands, "What happened? You know you can't hunt without losing control. That's why you go to Armonia if you're hungry,"

"I-i wasn't hunting," I managed to be able to speak again, "Alfred and I were at the junkyard and I cut him with a piece of glass. I ran away,"

He sighed and cupped my face with his hand, "I told you that he's dangerous. All humans are. You need to rest now, I'll get you some water,"

At the moment he stood up, a knock was heard at the door, "Kiku? Are you OK?"

It was Alfred. I instantly went to my room and shut the door. Hercules opened the door just a bit to face him, "What do you want?"

"Hercules," Alfred panted, "I need to see Kiku. Is he fine?"

"He's resting,"

"Is he upset? I know Yao scared him but-"

"He saw Yao?" Hercules accidentally asked out loud.

"You know about Yao? What's the deal with him? Kiku is scared of him. I just want to talk to Keeks. I'm fine. I had some bandages in my bag-"

"He doesn't want to see you,"

"But-"

"Stay away from him," Hercules threatened, "You will only cause him pain and I will not allow that,"

With that, Hercules slammed the door shut, but persisted and yelled, "Kiku, I don't know what happened but I promise that I'll help you in any way I can! I'll figure out how I can protect you!"

I smiled sadly at his commitment, wishing it was true that he'll protect me.

After that, I could hear Alfred step away from the building. I heard Hercules sigh in relief and entered my room carefully. He didn't say anything as he sat next to me on my bed, "I can kill him for you if you want me to,"

I looked at him, surprised at the unexpected statement, "What? No. Don't hurt him,"

"Why not?" Hercules yelled, which scared me a bit. He does get mad, but it is rarely an explosive anger, "He's pestering you! He's a Dove. A ghoul killer! If he finds out, he will kill you and I don't want that! Can't you see that you matter to me? Why do you care for him when I've been here the whole time for you!"

I sat there, silently watching tears form a pool in the corners of his eyes. He looked away and tried to discretely wipe his eyes. He cleared his throat and stood up and said in a grim tone, "...I'll be in the living room if you need anything..."

And then he left me with my own thoughts.
_____________________

A/N:

Hercules SNAPPED

Now we know why Kiku almost killed an entire family.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see you next update!