Irritation crossed Celia's face and took over her features. Out the corner of my eyes I saw Paris hide her mouth behind her hand as she tried to stifle her laughter.

"They are brought in strictly at twelve midnight, right when the Ball ends and the girls are retiring to their room. Now please do not go off topic again," Celia said, sternly. I nodded, unsure of what I should do but it pleased Celia since she continued.

"You will be put under house arrest for the next four nights of the Ball. Any chances of you making it into the Circle is kapoof, gone." With that Celia turned around but I ran in front of her and put myself in front of her.

She had made a very big mistake. "Wait, Mistress or Celia or whatever. You said 'house arrest' but that's wrong. It's 'castle arrest'. Get it?" I didn't know what was going on with me. I was in a such mood to make jokes. It was that slap.

Celia rolled her eyes in disbelief and walked past me, exiting the room.

Wait, so I was under castle arrest for the next four days. That meant no Ball and no Prince! It seems as if the odds were in my favor! But it turned out not to be. I ignored Paris who wore a self-satisfied smirk. How bad could castle arrest be?

-------------------------

Turns out castle arrest was horrible. And when Celia said house(though I am pretty sure she meant castle) arrest she realy meant it. I was never put under house arrest, nonetheless castle arrest but I didn't know it was this bad.

I had assumed it was just don't go to the Ball and stay in your room for the two hours it lasted but it was all day. During the day, the girls were allowed to explore the castle-grounds or go out while I had to stay in my room. And when breakfast or lunch was served in the Grand Hall, my food was brought upstairs to me. And I had a roommate who practically hated, not that I really cared about that, me. It was horrible. And there was nothing to do. Absolutely nothing!

I didn't have my iPod or any book and sleep decided it would only come to me at nighttime so I couldn't count on that for naps. Only thing I could do was shower, try on dresses(which I didn't do) and look out the window which had the same view except at nighttime the streetlights came on. I once tried escaping through the doors but I found the sliding doors locked.

But things took a change of events when Paris spoke to me for the first time in the four days I was under castle arrest when I was laying down, staring up at the ceiling while she got ready for lunch.

"Celia says I have the choice on whether to bring you along to lunch today, since it is the last day of the Ball," she bragged.

Whoop-de-do, I thought, studying the intricate designs on the ceiling. Each day I tried to spot something new or different about the twirling design but I had no such luck.

"Okay."

Paris continued. "And I chose to."

"To what?" I asked, in fear of her next answer.

"To bring you. You know to the lunch," She said, nonchalantly. I sat up and looked at her, narrowing my eyes. "But here's the catch. On the last day of the Ball, the Prince gets to choose one girl he liked to accompany him for lunch with his family. And he chose me!"

"What!" I was incredulous. I slid off my bed, this time, determined to kill her. Paris must've saw this because a glint of evilness sparked in her eyes.

"And I have the choice to bring you or leave you." Paris slid on a pair of gloves calmly. "In this case, Celia had to contemplate about this. I still get to choose though." she mused.