♡football game♡

Lolas POV
Val and i leave our last period of the day which we have together and make our way towards the bleachers to prepare for the game. i've been going to these since freshman year so i show Val what to do with the face paint and how to tie a knot in the jersey Caleb gave her so it looks more like a t shirt than a dress. this is the first time i've seen Caleb take a genuine interest in a girl like this. from what i've heard he's even met her family which is new for him to say the least. see he has a reputation of being this stone cold player who drops a girl the second a better offer comes along and does the same again with the new one. the closest he's been to a relationship is Loren Banks. they've been on and off 'dating' for about 2 years now. when i say dating i mean they're eachothers plan b or backup. always ending up back together sooner or later , not in a cute 'meant to be together' kind of way though. it's obvious he hates her and just goes back to her as a last resort. however , i don't feel bad for Loren at all in this situation she's the most toxic girl you'll ever meet. popular and pretty but a massive bully even to her little minions. a classic Regina George.
val and i sit and chat whilst the seats around us fill up. the game is about to start. every time Caleb scored he would give Valentina a thumbs up causing her to blush each time. i really hope he's serious about her because i know she's serious about him. Dallas did the same gesture to me as always but i'm used to it now after watching him play for the few months we've been together now.
after lots of cheering , screaming and clapping our team won. the whole half of our bleachers erupted and it soon turned to a state of chaos. Valentina had really gotten into the game once she got the hang of how it worked and joined the crowd in their celebrations, jumping up and down whilst screaming her lungs out. i love how easy it is to make her happy, she really enjoys the little things which is something i try and tell myself to do more often.
grabbing her hand, i pull her down the bleachers leading her to the field where the team is still ecstatic. Caleb spots her immediately and puts his arms out signalling for her to jump and she does. i take a quick picture as he swings her around:

(the girl in the photos outfit is different to the one Valentina is described to be wearing but this was my favourite picture i could find so just ignore the clothes lol<3)

Caleb POV
when the game ended and we'd won i look up and see Valley jumping and screaming hysterically. she looked so cute in my jersey and with the face paint on her cheeks. Dallas signals for Lola to come down to the field so she holds Vals hand and brings her down with her. we make eye contact and i open my arms so she can run and jump onto me. i pick her up and spin her round so her legs fly outwards making her giggle.
'you did amazing, i'm so proud.' she whispers in my ear with her head still snuggled into my neck. my heart felt as though it had exploded. loads of people have congratulated me after countless amounts of games but Val saying it just hit me in a different way.