♡the walk home♡

song for this chapter~ Somebody To You by The Vamps.

' you're really pretty you know that right?' Caleb yells louder than he thinks as we walk down the street towards our neighbourhood.
'ssshhhhh quiet ,thank you though handsome.' i giggle back. i was pretty sobered up because i'd had my last drink a couple of hours ago.
'ok we're here.' i say dragging him up his own drive way past the basket ball hoop we met at.
'oh look that's where i met you baby!' he whisper screams ' i thought you were prettiest girl ever. i still do.' he slurs looking into my eyes. he can be so cute, if only he wasn't drunk off his face i might've kissed him.
TAP TAP TAP i knock on his door as he doesn't seem to know the whereabouts of his keys. an older woman around the age of 50 opens the door tiredly.
'ma'am i'm so sorry i walked him home because he'd had too much to drink to drive i'm really sorry for waking you up.' i splutter nervously feeling insanely bad for disturbing the family.
' oh no honey it's fine thank you for not letting him drive , you look lovely your dress is gorgeous by the way.' she smiled widely at me and i smile back about to thank her for the compliment when Caleb buts in.
'isn't it just, she looks so pretty in it doesnt she ma.' he says looking up at his mother who is trying to hold his drunk body up so he doesn't stumble over.
'ahah thank you Mrs Woods it's one of my favourite dresses i have.' i say politely as we both laugh at Calebs babyishness.
'well it was lovely meeting you but my brothers are probably out on a search party for me!' i joke making her laugh. 'i just live down there at number 46 though so it's alright.'
'oh well you should come over sometime for dinner you could bring your mom.' she smiled hopefully. i decide going into detail about my mother ditching me when i was a day old to a women i've never met before at 3am on her porch wasn't a good idea so i accepted the offer gratefully and started to make my way home.