♡dinner with the neighbours♡

'so Val, it's ok if i call you Val isn't it?' Yasmin asks politely.
'yes of course.' i reassure her.
'how is your family settling in?' she continues.
'well my Dad and oldest brother Matteo like their new jobs a lot, my brother Rio is doing well in college so far , my two other brothers Alessandro and Marco go to MHH with me and the twins , and seem to be making friends just as successfully as me.' i smile referring to Caleb and Oliver who are sat either side of me.
'oh that's good to hear but what about your mom?' she questions obliviously. my cheeks flush and heart drops. she's gonna think i'm all traumatised and depressed when she hears about my mom.
'umm i've never met my mom actually.' i say in the most un phased voice i can do to make out like i don't care and she hasn't hurt me by bringing it up. everyone sat at the tables facial expressions soften. i feel Caleb grab my hand under the table and squeeze it in a i'm sorry kind of way.
'it's ok though' i say trying to end the silence 'my Dad and brothers raised me all by themselves and it definitely made us all very close.'
'awh that's lovely darling you should definitely bring them all over sometime and i'm sorry for bringing your mother up it must be a sensitive topic for you.' Yasmin replies sympathetically. i shot her a quick smile and continue to eat my food. after hearing countless funny stories about Oliver and Caleb growing up and thanking their mom for having me over Caleb walked me back to my house considering it's only a five minute stroll.
'do you want to come in and say hi?' i ask with my hand on the door handle of my house.