♡Mattia♡

as i was walking towards maths class Mattia -my Italian friend- steps in front of me to gain my attention.
'ciao?'(hello) i laugh confused as to why he's cut me off.
'puoi insegnarmi italiano dopo la scuola stasera?' he stutters determinedly.
' yes i can teach you Italian after school tonight!' i cheerfully respond to reassure him i understood and he did well. we shared a cheesy high five and walked to maths laughing way too hard.
Calebs POV
a girls laugh caught my attention so i looked over to see who it was and it was Val with Mattia. i hate Mattia. he's even worse than me when it comes to messing girls around. and here he is making her laugh so hard she can't breathe over there. i swear the guys with the worst intentions are always the best at seeming like they have the best ones. i would've maybe walked over there to scare him off but they walked into a classroom together. as i was on my way to chemistry i peaked in and saw them sat together listening to the teacher. great they even sit next to eachother.
making the decision to come back just before the class ends and wait for her to come out then i could show Mattia she's not interested , i drag myself to the lab.
my phone screen lit up so i sneakily stole a glance at it whilst the teacher explained something and saw it was 5 minutes until the end of the day. quickly thinking of an excuse to leave i stuck my hand in the air and told Mrs Montgomery i have to go to the principals office. i knew she'd believe that because this wouldn't be the first time i've left her class to go there. she buys my lie and allows me to leave the room. i start to slowly jog towards the maths class i saw Val enter earlier to make sure i'm there before she get out.
'so do you wanna go to my house or yours?' i hear her voice ask innocently.
oh HELL nah.
' mine.' i hear Mattias voice reply.
i'm gonna kill this guy right now.
both of their eyes land on me as i emerge from around the corner.
'hey Valley you need a ride?' i say rhetorically whilst giving her a (just go with it) look. thank god she seems to get what i'm trying to say via eye contact and asks if she can talk to me for a second without Mattia.
'is everything ok? you seem like you really want to give me a lift?' she says confused.
'you can't go anywhere with him Valentina i'm telling you if you've heard bad stuff about me then he's a million times worse.' i say in the most serious voice i can force. her face drops as i say this as though she's disappointed. i instantly felt bad for her. she thought she was friends with this really nice person but he's not what she thought.
' he just wants help learning Italian though.' she says sadly. i can tell she was excited to help him and to have a friend who maybe understands where she's from abit more. i pull her in for a hug and say
'cmon lets just go to mine and we can watch a movie or something?' in my softest voice to make her feel better. she nods yes then goes and tells Mattia some fake excuse as to why she can't tutor him tonight. as me and Val walk out of school together Mattia flips me off and i know i did the right thing stopping her from going.