Chapter 22

Within a couple of hours I was released from the hospital and back at Hogwarts. I was slowly remembering some of the stuff that I had forgotten, mostly the way around school.

The only bad part of being back at Hogwarts is that I wasn't allowed to stay with the rest of my housemates. I was to be staying in Snape's quarters til everything had settled down with Ruth and whoever sent me the letter that I had received this morning.

I had finally put the last of my things away in the room I was staying in and looked out the window. The sky was a dark blue with light grey clouds moving across it. A few red and blue birds flew in and out of the trees and I could faintly make out the edge if the Black Lake. And it looked like someone was standing under one of the trees looking in my direction.

I let the black curtain fall from my hand and back into place and walked toward the door that connected my room to the kitchen. I opened it and was surprised to see that Severus was cooking.

I slowly walked toward the stove to see what he was cooking.

I jumped when I heard his baritone voice say, " It is just some soup. It will be ready in about an hour."

" Okay sir.", I replied with a bit if worry in my voice.

" There is nothing to be worrying about. Dumbledore will handle everything.", Snape said in his usually tired tone.

" I thought that only the staff and I were to remain on Hogwarts ground sir. But there was a man watching me from a tree by the Black Lake..."

" I'll get Dumbledore.", he said as he stopped what he was doing at the stove.

He walked out of the quarters with his cloak billowing behind him. I decided that I should probably go with him, and started to run after him. Hopefully I'd catch up..