Chapter 47

I walked quickly to Dumbledore's office. I was trying to find out want i would say to him about me not wanting to be around Snape any more then necessary.

I walked up the stairs to his officeand knocked on the door.

"Come in.", Dumbledore said.

So i pushed the door open and walked in. I saw that Dumbledore was talking to someone, but i couldn't make out who it was because all i saw was a hand.

"Ah Miss Payne we were just talking about you. Come have a seat dear.", Dumbledore said.

I walked over to the other open chair to sit down and realized that Snape was the other person there. How did he beat me up here? Well he does walk way faster than i can.

"I can come back later Headmaster. I don't want to intrude on anything.", i quickly stammered out.

"This won't take long.", Dumbledore reassured.

So i sat down and started to play with part of my robe.

"Miss Payne do you have somewhere to stay over the summer?', Dumbledore asked.

"I might stay with the Weasley's.", i replied not understanding why he wanted to know.

"Snape and i were thinking that you should stay with him over the summer.", Dumbledore said.

"I'll be fine staying with the Weasley's.", i quickly said.

"You won't be if Voldemort sends someone to get you.", Snape finally spoke up.

"I can take care of myself.", i nearly shouted.

"You couldn't take care of yourself when Ruth had you cornered.", Snape said.

"That was different. I didn't have my wand on me.", i relied.

"You aren't always going to have your wand on you. You have to know how to defend yourself without it.", Snape hissed.

I went to say something,but Dumbledore put his hand up to stop me," You are going to stay with Snape this summer to learn how to defend yourself if anything was to happen to you."

"Sir I'm not going to stay with someone who doesn't want too bee around me.", i snapped.

"What do you mean Miss Payne? Snape is the one who had the idea that you stay with him. It gives you both time to spend together without you having to help him grade papers all the time.", Dumbledore said softly.

I was shocked. Snape actually wanted to have me stay with him so we could spend time together.

"Fine. I'll stay with with Professor Snape, but if anything happens in going to the Weasley's.", i finally said.

Dumbledore smiled at me, "What did you need to talk too me about dear?"

"Nothing off importance sir. I actually figured it out on my own.", i replied.

"Very well then. You should probably get back to class now.", Dumbledore said.

"Yes sir.", i said and stood up.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room and back to class with a small smile on my face. I was actually looking forward to this summer.