scott mctominay.

who would've thought?

On the way to the pair's date destination, every once and awhile Scott took swift glances at Marie and every time he did so, a smile always appeared on his facial features, rethinking how someone like him ended with his goddess of a partner. Along with her serene looks, she flaunted a lilac dress and matched heels as well as a gold chain lying along her collarbone, the jewellery courtesy of Scott himself for the special occasion.

His internal environment was the antithesis of his relaxed exterior. Whenever he felt himself heat up from his nerves, his unoccupied hand drifted into his slick pants pocket, just where the ring box happened to be. Within the next few pending hours, the Utd player planned to fall onto one knee in hopes that Marie would reciprocate the gesture with a firm yes and so he tried to keep his cool for the stake of not wanting to ruin the evening he wanted to remember.

On the other side of the spectrum, once she felt his lingering touch cross her thigh, she turned her head to glance at Scott, offering him a reassuring grin even though she was oblivious to his plans for the night. Ironically, she also had the same plans as her boyfriend, a ring ready to be worn in her purse. Marie understood that by tradition you usually had the man in the relationship pop the question, however, she decided to dismiss that fact, her love for Scott too hyper to wait for him to ask her the question.

I mean, for most of her life, Marie had always witnessed the man conduct the marriage proposal, excluding the minority of female celebrities who wanted to be deemed as different in the eyes of the media. But that's not what Marie wanted to achieve by the end of the night. Even though she and Scott have declared their love for one another through various acts, Marie simply wanted to declare their love with the object that would later represent her devotion to him and vice versa (once she got a ring herself).

Not to mention, after four years of dating it was about time that she would go from Ms Almaas to Mrs McTominay.

"Hey," she placed her hand over his, intertwining them slowly. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Scott breathed out, enjoying her comforting touch. "It's just that we haven't gone on a date in while now, so I'm just excited for the night." 

"I'm excited too, let's hope the night goes well." She leaned over, placing a kiss on his jawline.

From an aerial perspective of the situation, it was rather funny—'cause when one spoke, the other assumed they were speaking about the date when in reality, they were talking about the proposal that they were to carry out later on in the evening.

Later on in the night, the date had gone well for both lovers, their proposal plans still untouched and unknown to their partners. There were many carefree laughs, amorous touches and innocent kisses given when one just couldn't hold in their love for the other back for a moment. As they booked a secluded balcony in the restaurant, all there was surrounding Marie and Scott only seemed to be themselves and the busy streets of Manchester from below for them to be indulged in, but of course, all of one's focus was placed on the person sat across from them.

Seeing as the pair had finished their entrées, just when Marie went to reach into her pursue to get the black velvet box, Scott called out her name, causing her hand to quickly recoil. "Hm?"

"Uh, I love you, like a lot. More than you can imagine. I've liked you since I saw you in the stands during one of my first matches for Man Utd and that fondness has since grown into immense love for you. So without further ado," Scott arose from his seat, soon falling on one knee to reveal his black velvet. He glanced up at Marie, a swirl of hope in his eyes. "Will you marry me?"

As she had been taken off guard by his question, a hand flew up to her mouth before she nodded frantically. A wave of relief washed over Scott as he placed the silver ring on her finger, pulling her into a tender kiss.

"You beat me at my own game, McTominay," She admitted as they pulled away from the kiss, a slight pout on her lips.

He frowned, wiping away a stray tear that escaped her eye. "Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"Well," she unclasped her hand from his own, reaching over to her pursue where she got her black velvet box for him. As soon as Scott caught sight of the box that looked identical to his, he let out a little chuckle, wondering how he hadn't noticed her plans beforehand. She wrapped an arm around Scott, the other hand used to showoff the identical ring he'd just given her.

"I got this ring because, obviously, I love you as you love me. And plus, I felt as though it was time for someone to pop the question since you decided to take this long to ask," Marie's last few words caused the pair to laugh. When the laughter died down, she continued. "Moving forward, the answer is a bit obvious now but anywho, will you marry me?"

"Who said the answer would be obvious?" Scott joked, causing Marie to glance at him with a deadpanned look. "I'm joking, I'm joking! Of course, I will marry you. How could I not?"

"Good," Marie popped a satisfied grin on her lips, placing the ring on Scott's finger before she pulled him in for another hearty kiss.

"Who knew we would get identical rings for each other?" Scott asked, admiring the ring on his finger.

"You know what they say; great minds think alike."

——

[ requested by juanmatagarcia

Just a bit of a heads up, if you're requesting an imagine please try and make the request as brief as possible 'cause I'm finding that I'm writing the requests with briefer plots faster compared to others with bulkier ones. ]