bukayo saka.

forelsket

The two came together for a day out. Not one to meet up with teammates or classmates, or to gather with friends or family, but to have each other. To have one another, for one to have the other to themselves. A bit selfish yet soft. It was something the two liked to do when they could with the time given to be alone together. To relax and fall back into one another for a few hours or more.

Y/N and Bukayo. The close companions, the friends.

They tugged on his hand laughing as the pair made their way towards a train station. "Let's take the Underground. It'll be quicker." The two opted for public transport over Uber, or even a taxi. It was all about compromise for the two. They were such gentle people to one another. Generosity was a given, one always wanting to pay or offer themself up for the other and vice versa.

Bukayo and Y/N fell short of no fun. In fact, they were having the time of their lives. Eating out, buying shit they would discard days later, buying items they would keep as memories. Purchasing souvenirs for no real reason even though they lived in London, shopping and running around the place because that was a great way to be careless, to feel careless. To relax and fall back into one another for a few hours or more.

They were happy, giddy and excited even for such a small yet regular occasion. It was hard to put a label on the two but they made it cute and interesting. On what they felt, on how they felt about the day or one another. Whether either one was aware of it or not, there was a little grey area between the two where nothing meant something. To Bukayo, and to Y/N, too.

The casual hand holding, interlocked fingers as the two let their arms sway as they walked as one. Shared hugs because Bukayo couldn't accept separation from Y/N for more than too long. Messing around until the point of trouble because the two were partners in crime but not in reality. The mutual fit checks in different fitting rooms on facetime because one valued the opinion of the other over anyone else's.

Friends, a couple, unofficial lovers—a bit of everything? The latter seemed like the best fit. But I could be wrong. The hugs, the jokes, the glances towards one without their knowledge; maybe it was just something else.

But when he held their hand or held Y/N close, he felt aware, present and more than whole. They were his friend, his favourite companion of all time. Hand holding was mutual but it felt further than the expectation of holding the hand of a friend. Or when they spoke he would only focus on them. He loved their voice, he wanted them to talk, and talk, and never stop. It was all too alluring.

He would listen to them because he wanted to take all of Y/N in, maybe even zone out a bit 'cause he was so focused on looking at them rather than on them. They didn't have to make sense or speak with any form of logic. Bukayo just really loved their voice—it was his solace. There was something about all of them that made him very happy.

And when they felt Bukayo interlock the pair's hands or fell into his embrace, they felt comfortable, delighted and more than whole. He was their friend, their favourite companion of all time. When they spoke they would go on and not stop. Not because Y/N talked too much, or 'cause they had a lot of say about a topic point. He showed interest in whatever they spoke of. Always nodding, smiling, carrying the conversation when they couldn't. There was something about Y/N that made Bukayo happy, and that made them very happy, too.

There were too many emotions between Bukayo and Y/N. Awareness, comfort, presence, delight, this feeling of being more than whole. Too many to remain caged in and not acknowledged, to remain unseen by the other—too many for them to remain just as absolute friends until their end days. But there would come a time when the two wouldn't be able to hold it all in. Everything and anything else further would be let known eventually. Bukayo and Y/N, as a couple – that was the best fit.

Time will run its course.

────────────

for bevv01