jude bellingham.

her

"Can you hear it?" Her eyes were wide, happy and hopeful as she witnessed her friend indulge in her interests. "Make sure you're listening closely."

Chuckling, Jude glanced between Y/N and the large seashell in his grasp. She wanted him to hear the sea in the seashell, and he still had yet to reach her hope. "Yeah, sure, I guess," he said, adjusting the seashell by his ear. "but isn't that only because we're at the beach?" In truth, he didn't understand Y/N's interests in the beach and its resources to the fullest. They were intriguing and fun and insightful. But personally, they weren't suited for his personality. That's just how it was.

Nonetheless, he would always try to indulge in her interests as much as possible. The ones out of this world, the ones that interfered with his school education, the ones that had him tilting his head, whether in fascination or timid confusion. Her interests– those interests– all had a common factor that pulled Jude closer to them—they all related back to Y/N, and she was his no. 1 interest.

"Fair enough. You don't get it though," she said, carefully taking back the seashell from Jude. Letting her fingers run through the cracks and curves of the shell, her sight fell on the beach view in front of them. From there, she exhaled and relaxed, soothed in her place in the sand.

Heading down to the beach was an obvious destination during their little holiday. As its figure and appearance were visible from her hotel room, Y/N couldn't resist asking her friends to go down every passing day they were there. For her love for the beach was whole; its waves, sand and colours meshed so well to make a body so broad and beautiful. The beach, the holiday or your local one, was just something she adored and loved openly for everyone to recognise, from a stranger to Jude.

She was always very much in her element down by the beach, comfortable. And always did it do good for her too. When she runs through the sand, she felt free with each step she took. She seemed to always be standing in the right spot, grace between her and the sun as it shone in her face, the wind blowing through her sundress. It had Y/N smiling and laughing galore, way more than Jude ever could. The way the beach adored and appreciated Y/N, Jude did too.

And sometimes Jude had to let himself fall into the moment with the beach. For his enjoyment, sure, but for Y/N especially. It was her favourite destination after all. When he found seashells, he would stop and give them to her. When he found unusual rocks, he would stop and give them to her. When the waves came crashing in a bit too close, he would pull her into the water, and they would splash and scream and simply have fun.

'Cause after all, the beach was her home, her sanctuary. And Jude wanted to be a part of that. Her smiles, her laughter, her feeling of belonging and acceptance—he wanted to the reason for all of that too.

"It's a shame the girls and the guys aren't here with us," she said, moving her hands through the sand. She turned her head, letting her sight fall on Jude. "They would've enjoyed it all." The two came on holiday with their friend group, but they haven't actually spent much time altogether. For the most part, it was Y/N, Jude and the beach.

He couldn't keep his sight on her for too long (he wished he could), so he turned his eyes outward to the waves crashing into one another, over and over again. "Yeah, it is." His nerves began to flare up, not only for Y/N's longing glance at him but also for other reasons. 

His liking for his dear friend Y/N was so evident to their friends. They thought their little holiday together was the perfect opportunity for Jude to let Y/N know everything she remained blind to. So every moment the two were alone, every time their friends decided to go away and accidentally not invite them was a chance for Jude to let Y/N know how he felt about her, to ask her out. Yet for the few days they were on holiday, he had missed every single chance.