mason mount.

bound 2 (falling in love)

Stretching her arms over her head, Cece sighed as she glanced at Mason, her smile soft yet tired. "So what should we get up to?" she asked him as they reached their vacation destination.

With Mason finished with the football season and Cece done with her academics for the year, time was in their favour to go on vacation. A vacation—a getaway from the realities of everything—that was needed and well deserved by the couple. Some time away from football, away from the media, away from work, removing themselves from responsibility for a quick minute. That didn't seem all too bad to Cece and Mason.

Not only did the two deserve a vacation, but it was also an opportunity to spend time together as a couple. As true lovers, as partners—whatever suited the two the best. Most of their time together relied on borrowed time. When Mason returned home after a game during atypical hours, facetime calls when the two were apart and alone, those late nights conversations that were left undone because of sudden fatigue. Now, however, they could claim time as their own, using it as they could and pleased.

"I don't know," Mason said, offering Cece a hand as they walked down the plane steps. When they reached the bottom of the steps, he adjusted his hand in her own, squeezing it softly. He shrugged, "But I'm up for anything you want to do. Anything in mind?" Mason really wanted this holiday. Not for himself, but for and with Cece. That's why he asked for her opinion; he would be okay with anything she suggested. As long as she was happy then he couldn't find a reason to feel any different.

"I think exploring the city would be nice."

Exploring the city, the small towns and villages became the priority activity for Mason and Cece. Some discoveries offering new perspectives and interests. As they roamed through the quiet yet busy streets, locals cheerful and welcoming with every turn into every hidden location. Passing through the area riding bikes or walking with pace and ease, hand in hand as Mason and Cece took in the architecture, the culture and the unique sights.

In their eyes, besides the one they walked with, everything in sight was all too beautiful and fascinating to look away from.

Cece placed a hand over her heart when she witnessed Mason trying to hide his smiles. "I thought we agreed on no gifts." Entering a vintage shop the two planned on buying items for those back home. The friends, the family. It was supposed to be an easy task yet Mason failed terribly as he approached his girlfriend with more than he should carry.

"I could have bought the whole shop but I didn't," he said, causing Cece to laugh. She couldn't remain mad at him. Not that she was from the start. The act was cute, after all. "I was having a look at this and the shopkeeper insisted that I buy it for my beautiful wife." Mason stretched his arm into one of his many bags to reveal a small box which held a necklace. One that was original, primal yet simple. It's going to suit her so well.

She turned away from a clothing rack, a smile quickly growing across her lips. "Your beautiful wife?"

"Her words, not mine," Mason shrugged but his face broke out with euphoria. It wasn't the first time the two were mistaken to be something they had yet to claim. But with their adoring moments together—Mason constantly complimenting the appearance and presence of his girlfriend, Cece hyping up all of her boyfriend's Instagram shots, the pair refusing to let go of one another for a single moment—you would think Mason and Cece were in the honeymoon stage together. "Not that I disagree, of course."

"Now," Mason twirled Cece towards the mirror behind her, beginning to undo the necklace, "just do that for me..." Delicately placing the necklace along her neck, he pulled away and did a chef's kiss, watching his girlfriend cave from all the attention. "My, God! I'm at a loss for words. I mean—wow!" The perception that he had of his girlfriend was very much all love and dear.

Mason saw everything and anything in Cece, she simply had that much potential. The necklace was barely half of what she was. The figure, the presence, the personality—really, that was all her. Despite all of his compliments, he didn't think she understood the extent of how much of a figure of work she was.

Their evenings were spent deeper into the towns and villages. Venturing into the cute restaurants and diners, finding all kinds of activities to lose themselves in. Escaping into the night festivals that brought about so much spirit and community, dancing with the locals to lively tunes. Dancing with one another to the softer and slower tunes, a bit of romance and affection thriving between the two.

Mason and Cece were a bit lost in it all, smoothly drunk. The close hand placements, the outward body contact, the blurred and unsteady swaying across the pavement. But it didn't matter; it refused to cancel out all the fun they were having, laughs and smiles galore with each turn they took on the dance floor.

Cece let her hands run over his chest, letting them settle on his shoulders finally. "Something is going on in that mind of yours." She tilted her head and focused solely on him. "You wanna tell me about it?"

Is it wrong of me to say that I want to make you my beautiful wife? Mason shook his head, smiling with more than enough delight. "No, I don't think I want to," the two laughed as he carefully dripped Cece, bringing her back up with care as they fell back into the foreign tunes. "Thanks for the concern though."

"Some time by the beach doesn't seem too bad."

And the late, late nights were taken to the beach. They enjoyed themselves there. Where they could move away from the parties and the noise, where little to no one else found themselves. Where they could fully fall into one another on the low, the night sky concealing them from the others some distance away. Where their make-outs were soft and clumsy against the sand, bringing about laughs that were carefree and real and full of animation.

For the last time, together and cuddled up on the sand, the two overlooked the moon hanging over the beach. They didn't want to let go of this moment, truthfully. Mason and Cece didn't want to leave it all behind. The newly found scenery, the evening festivals, the weirdly nice locals—claiming time as their own. It was all too entertaining and new yet comfortable. But it was okay. As long as they remained together, whether that be at home or on vacation, then it was already a good day.

────────────