kai havertz.

everything, everything

Resting behind Kai while he was washing some dishes, Y/N yawned burying her face into his shoulder. For someone who had yet to do anything today, her fatigue was quite questionable. Adjusting her head, her eyes witnessed the tattoo on his forearm. "What do you think, huh?" Exhaling softly, Y/N let her finger travel along Kai's tattoo. Doing so let her focus trail and unwind. "Should I get one of these?"

Getting a tattoo of her own—it was a question that remained at the back of her mind, but she never really confronted it. It was just there, ignored amongst the rest and existing for the purpose of wonder and what ifs, a thought with no real reason to be if she refused to act on it. Never was she deterred from getting one; no religious boundary was holding her back and she held no fear of getting one. It was never something that she got herself into, simply never taking the chances to look into it.

Kai looked over his shoulder at Y/N, a laugh attached to his smile, before returning his focus to the dishes in the sink. "I don't know, love. It's whatever you want," his voice trailed as he placed a clean dish on the rack, "but it'd be cool if you did."

He would be lying if he never thought about Y/N getting a tattoo, a matching one too even. It wasn't a wish of Kai's for her to get one, she could do as she pleased. It was more of a thought of his, one not too pressing but existing.

Tattoos had meaning or, extremely, a lack thereof. The idea of having matching tattoos with Y/N seemed like an act of fun and bonding for him. To have so much meaning or less written in ink, to have someone to share a unique tattoo with—sharing something only she would understand—sharing a tattoo that would only make sense if the two were together, physically. That right there, that was truly something for Kai, and he refused to argue against it.

"You thinking about getting one?" asked Kai.

She chuckled, wrapping an arm around his waist. "It might just be on the list of things to do," she rested her chin on his shoulder, her sight eyeing one of the tattoos on his arm. everything y/n is love. Y/N grinned into Kai's shoulder. "What were you thinking... when you got this?"

"I mean... a lot, really," Kai hummed, "I can definitely say you." There was a lot of thought that went into the tattoo. It came to the player after they exchanged their first I love you, when the relationship was really taking off. When Kai was excited, giddy and young in love—in fact, he still was. That want and belonging and affection from the beginning of time, they all remained—they were there—and were felt by Kai with every passing day. He wanted to do something, a gesture big or small, and dedicate it to his partner, so he decided on a tattoo.

It spoke his truth about Y/N—the truth. He got it with her in mind as she was the only one thing, only one person he had in thought. That she was the centre of all in his life. There was nothing above or below her, in-between, in no way was she limited to anything. That she was enough, more than enough, all that he needed. She personified that love, affection, company, and all these unconditional matters. Y/N was, indeed, his reason to do this and that and his thoughts from dusk till dawn.

Turning off the water, Kai dried his hands with a tea towel as he turned around to face Y/N. "I don't know if I make it obvious but it's my favourite one." It was something far from Kai's knowledge, though it remained a general fact to her. From where the tattoo resided, that was his comfort spot on his body. In any state of negative or positive energy, he found his fingers tracing the tattoo. Y/N made everything feel okay. He took Y/N into his arms, embracing her gently before placing a kiss on her forehead. "I love it. I really do, much like I do you."

And Y/N felt the same, perhaps even more than enough, to do the same for Kai.

"I don't understand why this has to be a big reveal," Kai said, following Y/N into the living room. He took a seat next to her on the couch, sighing. "Like, I get it—it's your first one after all—just why so much suspense?"

There was a glow to Y/N. Some thoughts and days later, she decided to get the tattoo, finally. It wasn't a rushed decision but from the time it first came to mind up until now, it was evident that a certain conversation with Kai caused current actions to happen.

"Are you ready to see it or not?" Deciding to get a tattoo also came with the decision to not have Kai accompany her to get it. She wanted his reaction to be genuine and full; the process of getting one would only make his reaction appear delayed and dragged out.

Rolling his eyes (lovingly), he gestured to his partner. "Show me then."

Following his go ahead, Y/N unveiled the new tattoo resting along her arm. everything [kai] is love, it wrote. Much thought didn't go into it—there was no need yet, still, it held its meaning. It referenced no particular memory. Days where they spent their hours wasted and too far gone until they remembered nothing but one another, days where they hibernated at home and kissed for hours and hours, days where it was simply only Y/N and Kai. Really, any single memory with Kai would do because she dedicated the tattoo to him.

I mean that's what she thought of Kai, to herself and outwardly.

He was her everything. Everything about him is love, he is love. The way he holds her close, the way he could see all in her eyes, the way he comforts her during hard times, the way he lets them waltz together tragically whenever her favourite soft tunes came on, the way he never judged Y/N for her traits deemed far from normal. He made the relationship whole and fun. Y/N could ask for one thing and Kai would provide her with so much more. That want and belonging and affection, at the end of the day, never did he forget to relay it all on Y/N.

"So what I'm seeing is that you copied me?" he said, though Y/N knew it was all bluff. His lips parted, his eyes lighting up, inspecting the tattoo as he let his fingers carefully trail over it. There was no reason to believe that he didn't love it.

She shook her head with a chuckle as Kai brought her into a hug. "You inspired it but I guess we can agree to disagree."

"You knew I'd love it and you were right. I really do."

All of Kai and Y/N was love. They saw it in one another and in everything around them. Kai saw love in all that was Y/N, that he didn't want everything in the world when he had her. Y/N, in hand, saw Kai as everything and in that everything there lay love. Through her company and his kind words, all was whole. That want and belonging and affection, it was infinite and would never fall flat.