kylian mbappe.

just for you

The evening was young when the house party began. Casual and comfortable too, as young adults moved freely in the home to do and say as they wanted, conversations both intellectual and easy present to accommodate everyone's interests. Food laid out neatly, everyone vibing with the current tunes playing and discussions in session. It was safe to say that the party was moving smoothly, and it remained the same as Kylian arrived later on.

To protect his peace he would never admit it but Kylian loved house parties. As much as he loved football—dedicating his life to perfecting his craft as a profession—he, too, as big as he was, understood that sometimes he needed to step away from the sport for his own well-being, to destress and unclog his mind from the worries of tomorrow. And attending house parties was the perfect alternative, something familiar and cosy he could always ease into.

Heading out of a room, somewhere deep in the house, Kylian noticed something from the corner of his eyes. A PSG jersey, more specifically someone wearing his PSG jersey. She seemed to be in pensive thought, just casually in her element as her focus remained on the art hung up on the wall to inspect it, unaware of the presence inspecting her from afar. Until she was.

Noticing such presence from afar she turned towards Kylian with a blank stare. "I-I'm sorry," he stumbled, taking a few steps back. He had been so lost in his gaze, innocently observing her for no apparent reason, that he had forgotten how he might be received. "I wasn't trying to, I just came from—"

"Don't even worry about it." Suddenly, the blank stare turned into a timid smile, one friendly and rather inviting. "I mean while you're here, you might as well..." she added, waving Kylian over.

Initially, Kylian was careful in his steps towards her. He didn't know if he should invade her space considering he'd failed to respect it not even a few minutes ago. But the more he moved towards her, her smile failed to fall flat, failed to show any signs of discontent and discomfort towards him. So eventually he found himself standing beside her, and let his eyes wander to the art piece she had been inspecting. Instantly, his face screwed up. "Oh, I get what you mean."

The young woman shook her head, almost in disappointment. She folded her arms. "I'm just confused. Like what exactly am I looking at here? Like, I get art can be perceived all kinds of ways or whatever, but nothing comes to mind with this." She turned to Kylian, hopeful. "What do you think?"

Kylian huffed and thought for a quick moment. "I don't know. I mean it's—" he had to chuckle a bit. The artwork spoke to him as abstract and surrealistic but even he didn't know what he meant when he said those words, so did his opinion really hold any weight? "I have no clue."

"You think our party host knows what it's all about?" She wondered, inspecting the art further.

Again, Kylian had to laugh, covering his mouth with his hand. He knew the host, his friend, prioritised the appearance of the artwork in his house over its meaning. "I don't think he understands any of the art pieces he owns."

Then this—a moment of bonding over unjustifiable art—led to the pair sharing a conversation, shifting between intellectual and easy. And it was here where his initial thoughts were proved wrong. Sharing names Kylian came to learn that he was speaking to Y/N, someone who enjoyed art but not enough to pursue it as a profession. Instead, she was an explorer of activities and knowledge; she liked to do and learn new things on the regular.

Their conversation didn't carry much substance to it, simply just casual talk, laughter and opinions yet Kylian found himself engaged. From the moment he noticed Y/N from across the hall to where they were, he was there openly tuning into her words, her hand gestures as she spoke rather freely and watching out for all her reactions to everything he said to her.

The conversation, this person he was sharing it with, it was the exact thing that Kylian searched for whenever he wanted to step away from football. Y/N offered him something familiar and comfortable and friendly even though she had been just a stranger not even an hour ago.

From a moment of silence, quite from nowhere, he mentioned, "I think we should hang out more." It was something Kylian chose to say, with confidence and hope because he chose to believe there was something for him and Y/N. Friendship, partnership, simple mutuals—he didn't know exactly what but he didn't find any troubles in that uncertainty. The possibility of something was what kept the hope alive.

Y/N glanced at Kylian and nodded, her eyes going round. "Yeah, that would be nice," she said with a low voice before her eyes diverted to the pool, the two having chosen to settle by it not too long ago.

His smile faded, his expression soon dulling. "You don't sound too thrilled by that."

"That's not how it is, believe me. It's just..." She shook her head before exhaling deeply, trying to gather her thoughts, "Just look at it from my perspective, okay? You found me in peace and quiet, Kylian. We're having a conversation in peace and quiet. You think we would still have that same peace and quiet if we went back to the party, if we left this house? I enjoy my peace and quiet, I really do."

Kylian couldn't help but understand her words because Y/N was right. This wasn't the first time someone rejected his friendship or want for something more because of his notability– either they wanted him because he was a football player or they didn't want him because he was a football player.

And this was why he always wanted to stray away from football sometimes—he wanted to get away from the very thing that negatively affected his chances of truly connecting with others beyond football. It was unfair, of course, but that was just how it was and he couldn't do anything to change his situation.

"You could still have that," that peace and quiet, Kylian assured, "with me, you know? And I know that's hard to believe..." he shrugged, "but I can make things happen."

"You would do something just for me?"

"Just for you," he said smiling as he knocked their shoulders together.

The truth is, Kylian was someone who always strived and worked towards everything he wanted in life. Not by force, but with grace and quality. And that was the same thing he wanted with Y/N—he wanted to experience her conversations, enjoy her friendship, have her company when he could—all there was to offer.

What he enjoyed, what he appreciated the most were familiar and comfortable and friendly people and things, and Kylian would rather not let that go for an inconvenience that he could probably work around. So yes, he would make things happen just for her.

Y/N nodded slowly, taking in his words. "How about this... I'll give you my number and we go from there?" She offered as the corners of her mouth lifted.

Those words, Kylian's words, were spoken with care and dedication and for that, she was willing to give this person a chance at whatever it was to come for them. 'Cause the way he felt about her was mutual. She enjoyed his conversations, his laughs, his love for football, so much so that she wouldn't mind coming back to him sometime after this very house party.

So Kylian beamed, his grin reappearing upon his face.  "Of course. Whatever you want to do."

Maybe it didn't seem like much, but it was much more for Kylian. For him, it was hope, an opportunity for everything he could have with Y/N. And whether or not they would go far or not didn't seem to bother him that much. 'Cause the chance to have Y/N in his life—the chance to have Kylian in her life—seemed like a blessing in itself.

And checking his phone when he was about to sleep later that night, he let himself experience a second of delight.

y/n: don't think i saw a single art piece in there that i liked... fancy going to an art museum sometime 👀

That's why he kept the hope alive; they would soon find one another again.