jude bellingham.

sirimiri (excuse me)

Sat by the living room window, they sighed as they watched the rain fall, and fall, and fall without end. It just wouldn't stop for a moment or two. They shook their head, beginning to get up. "I can't keep up with this."

The weather didn't exactly bring about their disappointment. Rainfall, dull skies companied by fog or cloud—it was a given where they were, and it no could longer surprise them. How it acted, however, how a little drizzle could transform into hail, or how the weather app could never do its job to predict the weather toned down Y/N's mood more than enough. It was the cause of many missed opportunities and outings, much like a day out with Jude.

And maybe it was an exaggeration on their part. Y/N and Jude lived together. The two could do anything and everything at home, everything if one let their imagination wander that far. Binge their favourite show, play on the game with their friends, lay in bed for the day and refuse to get up. That, unfortunately, came with no excitement when those activities were already so habitual and overdone. That was, of course, if Y/N and Jude could do those activities together with their busy schedules. The day was already beginning to lack.

"This is literally an opportunity in disguise!" Jude exclaimed as he came into the room, sitting down next to Y/N. Noticing the rainfall, he already grew such a positive outlook on their day even though it had yet to begin. He ignored their far from up-right position on the couch. "There's so much to do."

They noticed the hoodie he wore and scoffed out a laugh. It was for Y/N—oversized—but it fit Jude perfectly. Y/N let their eyes wander around the room, hoping to find interest in something they had perhaps never noticed before. "Other than everything else we do every day," they closed their eyes, yawning, "like what exactly? Entertain me."

Even before Y/N could open their eyes Jude had left and come back into the room, a bit of rustling reaching their ears. When Jude nudged them, Y/N open their eyes to witness the source of recreation Jude managed to collect for the two. From a list of activities to do (on rainy days) to board games that neither have touched since their adolescent years together. "You've got this all planned out, huh?" They glanced between Jude and the jigsaw, breathing out a laugh. It was the picture of it that got them. "No way!"

Jude clasped his hands together as he shrugged, letting a timid smile flourish. There was so much pride in his look. "I told you I was gonna come through." It was true to say that he was the optimist, witnessing the good before the bad of the day. Perhaps the weather did ruin the pair's day out, sure. But Jude knew how to make the day still worthwhile, knowing well how to make something that was cute and whole and rather enjoyable for the both of them to follow along with.

"No, no, no. Just..." The two were sat together on the floor constructing a jigsaw puzzle. Jude swatted Y/N's hand away from a jigsaw piece. According to the player, there was a strategy for piecing a jigsaw together. He guided their hand to a few other pieces. "Yeah. Corners first."

"What does it matter?" Y/N laughed as they took whatever piece they picked. "We already know what it is."

He got a few pieces together, slowly seeing the pair's faces come together. "Remember this?" Jude asked.

"Of course," they hummed, completing the jigsaw with the final piece. Leaning back on Jude's shoulder, Y/N tilted their head a bit. "Kinda hard to forget." The jigsaw puzzle was far too personalised for the two, far too important and familiar from past days. It was a picture of Jude and Y/N on the day of their first date, the day the two also shared their first kiss.

It was nice to move away from the modern stuff of things. Away from the technology, away from the screens and alerts of others. Every time it was tempting to turn back to all of it, the two found further entertainment in something new and different. Though enjoyment was received on both ends, everything was catered to fit Y/N's interests first. Jude let that happen well before the day began.

The puzzles and jigsaws he chose because Y/N was objective and one who liked problem-solving, even when the task at hand was minor. Those indie and authentic movies the pair chose to watch because Y/N appreciated how home movies could offer so much on such a limited budget. Or the homemade meals the pair made together because Y/N found so much laughter and amusement from witnessing Jude modelling in a cooking apron.

More than willingly, Jude let the day unfold in Y/N's favour.

And during every intermission—switching to the next movie or board game, or letting the cookies finish in the oven—was spent falling into a singing session. Sticky hands from baking interlocked as the two swayed to their favourite tunes playing in the kitchen. Where Jude's voice drowned out their own and he would sing louder, and louder, and louder until they would try to shy away from lyrics he sang to along with the artist in the background.

But Jude would only pull Y/N back into his embrace. His voice would strain and by far too much, struggling to utter a few words, not even bothering to level with the artist's vocal range. But he didn't care, and they didn't care.

The meaning of the song failed to lack in any way. Jude knew all the lyrics to their favourite song. He spoke every word with so much care and love and vulnerability 'cause he could only give all of himself for his partner, Y/N was the only person he could open up to. So much that Y/N got caught up smiling and laughing so hard, enjoying the moment so much that they failed to notice that one single tear slip out.

An afternoon full of musical confessions, soft memories, sweet-talking drowned out the sound of the rain.