~26~

"Why go anywhere? There's five-" Lionfish stopped himself and hesitated, hiding his hurt expression. "Four of us protecting Naida, against one possible siren. I say we stay and continue with what we were previously talking about. You know, why Naida is suddenly handing out kisses?" Lionfish pouted and shot a look of disapproval at Naida.

"No, it's simply not safe. I insist we go back to the house. We don't know what this siren is capable of, so we..." Shark paused and yawned, "Sorry. We must play it safe." He demanded.

"You're such a killjoy." Lionfish huffed and yawned, which made Naida and Krait yawn.

"Okay, what is going on?" Naida laughed drowsily. At this point, she was fighting to stay awake.

"I don't know! You're the one who started yawning! Did you not get enough sleep?" Ray laughed and yawned.

The brothers continued to talk, but Naida didn't pick any of it up. She was too busy being consumed by sleep as the world faded away around her.

"Naida?" Shark looked over at her limp form, breathing peacefully.

"I guess she didn't." Ray chuckled and took her body in his arms.

"Whatever, let's head home. Sunken Bay would've been cool though." Lionfish grumbled.

"We did go to Sunken Bay. You were too busy laughing at Naida's inability to swim. If you had just helped her rather than criticize her, maybe you could've stayed longer." Shark quarreled.

"Let's just head back now. Naida can't even defend herself at this point." Krait spoke up.

"She won't need to defend herself, she's got us." Ray continued stubbornly.

"Ray just stop!" Shark boomed and took Naida from Ray's arms. "Fine, you go to Sunken Cove, gather your junk, but I'm taking Naida home.

"Just wake N-"

"Excuse me?" Someone cut Ray off and they all turned to look at the newcomer. It was a tall female siren with long auburn hair, plush pink lips, and an olive skin tone. Her tail was varying shades of pastel orange that faded to darker tones of orange as it went down. An ocean-themed tribal tattoo curled from the waist and down the length of her tail. But her eyes, her eyes weren't like normal eyes, they were normal white siren eyes but they had pupils. It was very unsettling.