4.3

"At least talk to me." I begged Connie for what felt like the hundredth time that day.

"Maia, I have class." She pushed passed me, with her chin up.

"I do too, but I'm willing to postpone that just to talk to you." I turned around and jogged up to her.

"Leave me alone, Maia." She whipped her hair in my face and looked the other way.

I spat out and pulled out from strands of her brown hair away from my mouth.

It was gross but I don't care. I need to talk to her.

"Connie!" I snapped and grabbed her shoulder, spinning her around and forcing her to face me. "Please." I said barely above a whisper.

She said nothing, she stared down at my hand that clutched her shoulder. She tightened the grip of her books and pressed them to her chest.

Her gaze on my hand sort of burned and I guess she liked it. So I dropped my hand to my side.

"Maia, you should go. You'll be late." She muttered, still staring at her shoulder where my hand once was.

"I can't believe this. What did I do wrong?" I whispered.

"Nothing." Connie answered simply.

"Then why are you ignoring me?"

"You don't understand." Connie exhaled deeply.

"I would if you just explained." I tried to get her to open up to me again. "I'm tired of you shutting me out like this."

"Its not easy." She shook her head, I could see her eyes water.

"Talk to me." I whispered.

Connie's eyes trailed from my shoes up to my eyes, where they locked. Her eyes threatened to spill tears.

"I wasn't happy with Cameron, and now I am with Jenna." She said shakily.

"Is Jenna-"

"My girlfriend. Yes." She nodded.

I nodded, she was finally opening up to me again.

"I didn't know how you'd feel about this, I thought you'd be grossed out. So I pushed you away before you could say anything." She sobbed, tears now brimmed out of her eyes.

"Connie..." I sighed and threw my arms around her shoulders, pulling her into a tight hug.

Connie cried into the crook of my neck. She dropped her books to the floor and tightly wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Don't ever think I'll leave you because you're lesbian." I choked back on a sob. "I love you. You're my best friend."

"I love you too." She cried harder.

We swung our bodies side to side. Knowing I had Connie back already made my life feel a million times better.

"I should have talked to you about this first." She said in between of taking in sharp breaths.

"You should have. Yeah." I laughed weakly.

"Look at us, we're a mess." Connie chuckled and pulled away.

"Its okay." I giggled. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too." She nodded.

Seeing her smile made mine grow even bigger.

"I hope things are going great between you and Jenna."

"They are, thanks for asking." She wiped some of her tears with the back of her hands.