0.4

Calum picked Delilah up the next morning, like he said.

I wasted the rest of my summer watching movies because I didn't find any books intriguing.

The first day of school came quicker than my own liking and I knew that it was gonna be a big pain in the ass.

I woke up half and hour later than I should have because I forgot to set up my alarm.

And because I woke up too late, I had to shower after Dad and Janet, who used up all the hot water.

And because I had shower after Janet, the bathroom floor was flooded and she left her clothes all over the place.

I can rant on and on and on now, but I don't have the energy for it.

I tried to run past the kitchen and out the door to avoid my dad, but he caught me and called my name, he was obviously in a bad mood this morning too.

I groaned and stomped into the kitchen.

I folded my arms in front of my chest. Janet was sitting on the table while Dad poured himself some coffee.

"Don't you want some breakfast?" He asked.

"No," I answered simply.

"Ignore her attitude, Martin. She's just going through a phase where she think hating everything is 'cool'," she air-quoted 'cool'.

I scoffed at her.

Who the hell does she think she is?

"Maia!" He yelled.

I just realized that I said that out loud. Oops.

"Dad, just because she's a psychiatrist and all that shit doesn't mean she has the right to say something like that!" I groaned, already making my way towards the door and opening it.

"Maia Katherine Waters! You get back here-" I slammed the door shut behind me.

I can understand that my dad didn't like my attitude right now, but that bitch wasn't getting off the hook that easy.

I was halfway up the the driveway to the garage door when I realized that I didn't have Calum's car anymore.

I can't believe this. Its not even 8 o'clock and I am already having the worst day ever.

I kicked at the ground and screamed. You heard me. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I don't care if the neighbors will think I'm crazy, I just don't care right now.

I need a book.

You know when people are having a bad time and need a fuck or a smoke?

Well... I need a book. I can distract myself from reality, and that's just what I need right now.

-

I walked to school, it was a long boring walk.

Although I missed most of first period, I finished my classes for the morning and went to my locker and put my books away.

The teachers probably think I'm going to a rebelling phase too.

Jesus Christ.

"Hey, babe," Joseph's voice appeared behind me, his breath tickling my ear.

He sounded like he was having a good day, which honestly just made me feel worse about mine.

He wrapped his arms from behind me and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Hey," I said, but in the complete opposite tone that he used.