2.7

Its been two weeks since I've last spoken to Luke.

Feels like months already. I did not realize how fast time went with him, and how slow it went without him.

Ruth went grocery shopping today. Leaving me home alone, I liked having the house all to myself.

I could walk around in an oversized sweater and knee socks without getting told off. That's basically what I did all morning. Since it was Saturday again, there were cartoons on TV.

But now, I wanted tea.

I walked into the kitchen and filled a kettle with water and set it on top of the stove that I turned on, waiting for it to heat up.

I leaned on the counter and crossed my arms over my chest.

It was weird, because I wasn't actually fond of tea. I'm more into coffee than tea.

The spot on the stove around the kettle grew red, and soon the tea began to toot out some steam from its little spout.

I pushed the kettle off the stove and turned the stove off, I pulled out a mug from a cupboard above.

Janet loved trying out new teas, so Dad bought her a box full of different flavored teabags. I wasn't allowed to use one single teabag, but no one was here to tell me that right now.

I scanned through all the different variations of tea and gave up. I just chose the simple green tea.

I tore the packet open and pulled the tea bag out, I placed it into my mug and poured the hot water over it.

I set the kettle down on the, now switched off stove, and picked up my mug.

I walked into the living room and slumped down onto the couch.

That was pretty much what my Saturday mornings consisted of.

Drinking green tea on the couch while I watched the new crappy cartoons of this generations.

It was never going to be the same.

-

It was now 1:45.

Ruth came back two hours ago and was now discussing old lady things with her old lady friends.

I was up in my room, doing nothing until I decided to start searching through my drawers.

I started going through my big drawers. There was nothing important.

Just clothes and some old childhood drawings.

I pulled open one of my bedside table drawers and found a couple of condoms hiding under a ton of polaroid photos.

The condoms were for when Dallas and I used to have sex in case he didn't bring any.

The polaroids were of Connie and I. They were when we were freshmen. She asked her dad for a Canon camera for her birthday, but he got her his old polaroid camera instead.

We were going crazy with these photos, we took them at her house.

You could see her cat Murphy in some of them. We basically finished all the film.

Connie insisted that I took half of them in memory of that night.

I closed the drawer and moved to the other bedside table.

I opened it, revealing an empty skittles packet, a tube of glue, a pair of ankle socks and Dad's credit card.

My eyes widened when I recalled the day I got it.