2.4

It didn't take long for Luke to kiss me back.

But, God, did I love it. I loved how passionate the kiss was. I felt so weird and cheesy. I didn't have a first kiss with Luke, like in movies. Kissing in the rain is overrated, but kissing in front of an ocean view with an almost clear sky full of stars is not appreciated enough.

And don't get me started on all the emotions I felt flying around my body.

It was like everything in my stomach pooped and churned.

His hands made their way to my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Closing the gap between us.

I liked how the cool of his lip ring was pressed against my own lips.

Luke pulled away, sooner than I would've liked. We pressed our foreheads against each other, not breaking the grip we had on each other. I looked into his beautiful blue eyes, they twinkled like little stars.

"Maia," Luke said in a very low and quiet tone. "do you-" I know what he'd ask. He'd ask if I felt them same way. I just don't know how to just put them into words the same way he did.

"You think I kissed you because I was pitying on you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That's what people do..." Luke trailed off and shrugged.

"Luke," I buried my face into his chest. "Stop talking and kiss me again." I giggled.

And with no objection Luke lifted my chin up and kissed me. I kissed him back quickly. God, this felt so good.

We kissed but when I tried to deepen the kiss, Luke pulled away.

"Maia, I really do like you. A lot. But I want to do this right." Luke sighed.

"What do you mean?" I cocked my head to the side.

Luke stared at me with a serious face. He was thinking.

"I want to take you out on a date." He said quietly, like he was afraid that someone would hear him.

"Would a date really be necessary?" I giggled.

Luke and I knew a lot about each other, dates are for people to see if they were compatible or not. I already assume Luke and I are beyond that point.

"Maia, I'm serious." Luke groaned.

"Then ask me." I pulled away from him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Um, okay. Maia, will you-"

"No, ask me properly." I tapped my foot on the ground and waited.

He rolled his eyes at me and grabbed one of my hands before saying, "Maia Katherine Waters will you-"

"Ask me properly!" I groaned loudly and giggled.

"What the fuck do you want me to do? Beg?" He let go of my hand and threw his hands up in frustration. He was adorable when he was annoyed.

"Yes." I nodded.

Luke muttered some incoherent words.

"What?" I asked, hoping he'd speak up.

But Luke didn't answer and angrily dropped to his knees and grabbed both of my hands and pleaded, "Maia Katherine Water, will you please go out on a date with me? Please?" He dragged out the word please.

"I don't know..." I teased.

"Maia, please. I promise it will be a good date. Please go out with me." He shook my hands around begging for my answer.