2.9

A month of silence between Luke and I had past.

The sun rays shone into my room, as the streak of light hit my eyes, I suddenly woke up.

I shivered because of how cold I was, and felt around to find something to keep me warm, I found Bran sleeping on the other side of my bed.

I pulled him closer to me and buried him into my chest. His heavy breathing made some heat to radiate around us.

I felt my eyelids grow heavy, but Bran moved his furry head next to my nose, it tickled me, I sneezed the sleep out of me.

I groaned and rolled out of bed, I walked over to my desk and took a couple of tissues to blow my nose.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and it was revolting. My posture was bad, my skin was pale, my nose was all red from how much I've blown it, my hair was like a messy mop on my head since I tied it into a bun.

I groaned again, but now even my groans sounded sick. I hated being sick.

I check my alarm clock, it was still early, but I can't sleep now. I grabbed some socks out of the drawer and sat on my bed to pull them on. The floor was really cold. It was just going to be another be a lazy day, which sucks.

I stood up and walked towards my door, stopping and turning around, "Bran, c'mon. Let's get something to eat." I sighed.

Bran actually heard me, and tiredly got out of bed. He walked next to me down the stairs with his head hung low. Poor thing, he really needed something to fill him up.

I walked into the kitchen and felt a pair of cold icy eyes look over to me. "Oh, you're still here?" Janet growled from her seat at the kitchen table.

"And I'll be here for the whole day." I smirked at her, I know that she wanted to be alone for the day, Dad always left early for work, and Janet would always have the house to herself when I go to school. But not today.

I walked over to the cabinets and pulled out a can of dog food for Bran. It was cheap dog food, but it was all we had for now.

"And why is that mutt still living under my roof?" She scowled at Bran.

"This is not your roof!" I scoffed, closing the cabinet shut, glaring at her.

"It sort of is." Janet smirked and stretched her arm out, separating her fingers away from each other, revealing an expensive-looking engagement ring.

I eyed the ring for ages, before I realized that it was out of my sight when Janet folded her arms on the table.

"Just because you're engaged, doesn't mean you have the privilege of calling this your roof." I rolled my at her and searched through the drawers for a can-opener. I finally found one, used it on the can.

Janet didn't reply.

I knelt down next to Bran's bowl and upturned the can, a big, gooey texture of food slumped into the bowl with a squishy sound.

"Ew." Janet called out.

She was so annoying. Can she like leave now?

I pushed the bowl closer to Bran who basically ran to his food and shoved his face into the bowl, devouring its contents.

"That mutt is a slob," Janet scoffed, "I'll have a talk with Martin and we'll discuss about how we can get rid of him."

"Excuse me?" I snapped my head in her direction and hastily stood up.

I smacked the empty can onto the counter, not breaking the gaze I had on her.

Janet flinched, I like how I scared her, it makes me feel like I had the upper hand.