1.4

I've never been this close to Luke before.

I still felt a bit tipsy from all I consumed just hours ago, but it wasn't the good kind of tipsy.

It wasn't the my mind is completely blank kind of drunk state I was in.

It was more like the I need a fucking pain killer or more to drink kind of drunk.

I was tracing over Luke's fingers for the past 15 minutes. They were tremendously longer than mine.

I pressed my own palm against his, and I started to measure our hands.

Luke's hands were so cold, but they felt warmer compared to my own.

I liked holding his hand, it made me feel more secure.

I may have not known Luke since sophomore year.

Heck!

Not even two months yet, but I already trusted him a lot.

His sweater was large on my frail body. And it just reminded me of how I used to borrow Dallas' clothes after we'd have sex.

The only reason I didn't want to go home was because I didn't want to face Dad or Janet in my drunk state.

That would completely change everything.

I could feel Luke's stare burn through my skull. He wanted answers. I wasn't giving him any. I wanted to talk to Connie or Calum about this.

Luke would be a great listener, but he'd just insult Dallas and not realize how much it actually did hurt me.

Luke's hand traced the small of my back. I liked how that felt. It made me feel even more secure.

I just wanted to crawl into a hole and cry. But right now, I honestly would much rather hold Luke Hemmings' hand and play with his great, long fingers and feel his hot breath tickle my neck.

I looked around his room. It was a typical teenage boy's room.

With band posters hung up on the wall, a computer sitting on a study desk, he even had a guitar leaning against a wall in the corner of the room.

I liked his room. It was small, but cozy. There was no doubt that Luke was messy, with a stack of CD's knocked over and an empty plate sitting on the floor.

But something told me that he knew where everything was, even the things that were in hiding.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Luke, staring intently at me. Like he was trying to read my mind.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He hummed and blinked back a few times.

"You were looking at me like I just kicked a puppy." I said.

His stern face softened, "Oh, no." He chuckled lightly, "I was just thinking."

"About what?" I half-whispered.

"Nothing, really." He shrugged. Unlacing and lacing our fingers over and over again.

I nodded.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked and shifted his weight on the bed a little.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"No, tell me." He insisted.

"I was just, wondering..." I trailed off, not finding it in me to continue.

"Wondering...?" Luke urged me to proceed.

I sighed deeply, "How things are gonna be from now on. After what had happened at the party."