0.5

"Cameron," I sighed, "Connie is probably going through a phase like she always does."

"Maia, you don't have to lie to me," Cameron mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

Great, I made things awkward.

"Cam, it's clear to everyone that Connie needs space and time - all girls do at some point in a relationship - and if you really loved her than you'd give her that," I said it like I was reading from a book.

Maybe that's where I got that from... I wondered.

Cameron snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Hello? Earth to Maia?" He waved his hand in my face briefly.

"Sorry?" I said, not realizing that I was daydreaming.

"You zoned out. I hate it when you do that," he grumbled and leaned back into his chair, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"Sorry," I apologized quietly.

"Its fine," he waved it off, "but what should I do?" He tried to cover up the fact that he was crying by holding a fist up to his eyes.

"I guess... nothing," I shrugged.

"Nothing?" Cameron sniffled.

"Hey, Cam, its okay. Its probably nothing serious since it's Connie we're talking about here," I assured.

"Yeah, you're right. I mean, I haven't really done anything wrong, have I?" Cameron asked.

"Not that I know of," I shrugged.

Trying to think of a way that Cameron could possibly hurt her is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

"Thanks, Maia." And with that he left. Leaving me all alone. I guess I'm getting used to it though.

Loneliness wouldn't be so bad if I happened to come across it.

-

I finished my last class of the day.

Happy to get out of this hell-hole. I walked to my locker, moving some books around.

Then I remembered that I had to walk home today, again. But I wanted another way.

I slammed my locker shut and looked past the people around the hallway and spotted Calum.

Bingo.

I walked towards him and slammed his opened locker shut, "Cal."

"Maia," he cocked an eyebrow at me like it was unusual for me to be talking to him.

"Can you give me a ride home? Please?" I never thought I'd ever see the day where I'd beg Calum.

"Can't you get a ride from someone else?" He groaned.

I pouted. I know that I wasn't being nice right now. Slamming his locker and asking for a ride.

What if he had plans today?

But its Monday... why would he have plans today?

"Alright, fine. I'll walk home," I said before turning around and beginning to walk away before I was yanked back.

I turned to face him, forcing down a straight face to contain my happiness.

"You're lucky I don't actually want to be home right now," he pointed his index finger at me in a threatening way.

I smirked and nodded.

Calum and I walked towards Delilah. "Why's that?" I asked.

We were in front of Delilah.

"Hmm?" He hummed fumbling around his pockets for his keys.

"Why don't you wanna be home?" I asked. The car beeped, signaling it was unlocked and we both got in.

"I don't know, my parents would ask a lot of questions and..." He paused and opened the glove compartment pulling out a pair of shades, "I don't wanna be there."

"Why? Don't wanna tell them how badly the chemistry teacher told you off today?" I teased.

Calum was like a brother to me. We liked to tease and annoy each other. Its what we do.

"Hey! That girl deserved to have someone call her a bitch to her face!" He defended.

He backed out of the school parking lot and onto the streets.

"Yeah, and after calling her a bitch, you stained her skin with some bad fluid, practically permanent shit. On purpose," we both laughed.

"Yeah, and it felt good," he fist-pumped.

The 'bitch' happens to be Savannah Collins. The biggest bitch you would ever meet in this school.

Her and her 'group of skanks' practically run the school. They've got everyone wrapped around their finger.

Except for my friends and I.

We fell into a silence and Calum broke it after a few minutes.

"So what book are you currently reading?" He asked.

He always found my obsession for books amusing but he'd still ask me for recommendations.

Typical Calum.

"Sadly, nothing," I sighed deeply.

"What do you mean?" He asked curiously.

"I mean, I ran out of good books to read at home, dumbass," I said.

"Then buy some new ones, dipshit," he said it in the dumbest way possible.

"Where? We live in a small town with a small amount of people. What store even sells good books anymore?" I asked.

"The old one," he said simply.

"Which old one?" I asked, not getting what he said.

The whole town was old. Is he insisting that I go into an old and abandoned bookstore?

"No," he laughed heartily, he glanced at me and looked back at the road, "the bookstore is called The Old One... 'which old one'," he repeated what I said and laughed hysterically at my stupidity.

"Where's that?" I groaned, trying to avert the topic from my plainness.

"I don't know, I overheard my parents talking about it. I can look up its address and text it to you, if you'd like," he offered and then began looking around the car's surroundings cautiously.

That's when I realized that we've already reached my place and he had pulled over in front of my house.

"Cool, I'll check it out whenever I can," I said and opened the car door and closing it behind me.

I was halfway up the pathway when I heard Calum yell. "Hey, Maia!" I turned around to face him.

A strong wind blew against me and blew my hair in my face, so I tucked the out-of-place strands behind my ear.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"Do you want me to come with? Because I know how criticizing you can get about book covers," he chuckled.

I started to walk backwards up to the front door.

"No, thanks. I wanna check this place out on my own," I opened the door and slowly walked in.

"You sure?" He called out again.

"Bye, Cal!" I waved goodbye and closed the door behind me.

-

God, I think I made Maia closer to Calum than to Connie. Oh well.

WHO ENJOYED THIS UPDATE? I enjoyed writing it. :-)

LukE'S NEXT. AHHHHH. WOHOO. YES YES.

ok, bye dudes. ;)

- mackenzie(falls) lol.