1.1

It has been a month and now I've finished the fifth wrapped book that Luke has given me.

We were now sitting in the same coffee shop we always sat in to discuss books, concluding that The Great Gatsby book was better than the movie.

Sorry Leonardo.

"Maia..." Luke said.

"Yeah?" My head perked up slightly.

"Nothing," he shook his head, giving me a blank expression.

I shifted my eyes away awkwardly and looked at the barista who had a hard time scrubbing off some coffee that practically stained the white counter.

"It's actually weird," Luke spoke up.

I diverted my gaze back to meet his, but although it looked like his eyes were staring into mine, his stare felt blank.

"You come here a lot now, but all you seem to like are books," Luke noted, folding his arms over the table that we were seated on.

"You never proclaimed your interest in my other hobbies," I replied slowly.

"You're so ,"

asdfghhjkk

"What would you like to know about me?" He cocked his head to the side and bit on lip ring.

"What's your full name?" I asked.

"What's yours?" He asked me.

"Maia Waters."

"Whats your middle name?"

"Katherine." I said quietly. He nodded in response. "Are you gonna tell me yours?" I laughed.

I was the one that wanted to know more about him, not vice versa.

"Robert." He said.

"Luke Robert..." I said slowly.

Was Robert his last name? Or...

"Hemmings." He continued, which I guess was his last name.

"Hemmings." I repeated him.

He nodded.

"So, is it like : Lucas Robert Hemmings?" I giggled.

"No." He groaned and ran a hand through his perfectly styled hair.

I honestly wondered how much gel did it take him to place it in that quiff everyday.

"So..." I said after while.

"So..." He repeated me.

That was the problem, I either loved the silence and just us staring at each other. But other times, I just want to talk and not stop and for him to listen.

"What else do you want to know about me?" He asked. Resting his arms on the table and folding them there.

"Um... why don't you read books?" I asked, just wanting to get that off my chest and ask him.

"I never grew fond of them." He shrugged.

"But why do you work in a bookstore if you don't read?" I asked, getting nosy all of a sudden.

"I don't really have much of a choice." He shrugged. "My parents practically forced me to get a job here."

"Oh." I nodded, understanding what his parents were like.