3.1

Three months, and still no contact with Luke.

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but I have plans." Janet argued into the phone. "Yes, I know his case is severe, but-" Janet walked into the kitchen and spotted me sitting at the table. "-there's nothing I can do now." She sighed.

Janet made her way to the table, holding her phone slightly away from her ear as the person on the other end of line squawked through the phone.

"I understand." Janet nodded and held a gaze with me. "No, no. Its fine. I'll have to make a rain check with my fiancé." She smiled sadly at me.

I stared at her with a blank expression. Part of me wondered why I despised her, she cared for her clients so much.

"That's fine Ma'am... Perfect... That would be even better... Have a good day, Ma'am." She smiled and hung up.

"Who was that?" I leaned closer and folded my arms on the table.

Janet took a seat across me and sighed. "One of my client's mother. She requested for an urgent meet-up."

"Oh." I breathed out.

I stared at my now chipped nail polish. I looked across the table where Janet placed her hands on the table. Her nails were freshly painted, a light shade of blue.

I stared at Janet. The way we dressed was so different.

She would wear dresses and pearls.

I wore ripped jeans and cheap necklaces.

She was bright.

I was dark.

Mom was a mixture of both. She'd wear dark makeup but also wore colored blouses. She would wear heels paired with jeans.

Janet was expensive and on the top shelf where people scan over first at stores.

I was cheap and spilled across an aisle because some kid was misbehaving and disobeyed his mother's orders and knocked me off my bottom shelf.

I was feeling a bit sick. Dad loved Janet because she was worth more than me and Mom.

"You okay, kid?" Janet giggled.

I shook my thoughts away and focused on Janet. "Yeah." I nodded.

"You looked like you were about to throw up." She said seriously.

"I think I'm about to." I said quietly.

"Should I get you the bin?" She asked already getting up.

"No." I gulped and shook my head.

Janet sat back down, we fell into an awkward silence.

"What ever happened to that boy you loved?" Janet asked.

She was referring to Dallas.

Because nobody knew about Luke except Calum, Michael and Ashton. Everybody else didn't even know I've met someone else.

That's why Dad and Janet were growing concerned with my attitude and behavior.

Mostly because they had no idea why I was acting like this.

I closed my eyes tight and replied, "He cheated on me."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Janet said quietly.

"Its fine." I murmured, it didn't matter to me anymore.

Moments of silence.

"Are you going to see that client you were talking about a few weeks ago?"

Janet nodded.