Chapter 10

Everyone rose from their seats when Liam Anderson entered the conference room. All of them looked at the shark in a suit with so much amusement at the same time, fear in their eyes. I couldn't help but to get jealous for their obvious stares, especially the girls who are trying to look cute in front of him. Hell, this devil right here is my possession and if one of you dare to touch him, I will smack my pitchfork in your ass.

I followed him when sat at the center, he maneuvered my seat closer to him and I have no choice kundi sundin ang utos niya. Pagkaupong-pagkaupo niya ay pinasadahan niya ng tingin ang palda ko at tumikhim. He put his hand on my left thigh and relaxed his back to the swivel chair.

He nodded once to the presentor and said, "You may now start."

The presentor who's a guy wearing a thick glasses nervously nodded and started presenting his report. He talked about the company's financial status and congratulated Liam for the improvement for the past years.

"I know there's obviously a lot of improvement but hindi ba't mas makaka-gain tayo ng mas marami pang investors at profits kung makikipag-merge tayo sa Anderson Group of Companies?" tanong ng isang matandang lalaki na hinuha ko ay isa ring investor.

Napahilot sa sentido si Liam, "I built this company because I don't want to be dependent on AGC. Anderson Corporation will remain as a stand-alone company."

"But the other investors are already considering on selling their shares because AC didn't reach their expected profits. Kung magiging sister company tayo ng AGC, mas madadalian tayong maka-acquire ng assets at wala nang magiging problema sa mga projects natin dahil sa connections!"

"The profit they have received is already fair enough for their investment. Kung gusto pala nila ng mas malaki pang kita, they should have invested more. Besides, lahat ng nagsisimulang kumpanya ay nagsisimula sa maliit na kita."

Another man butted in to their conversation, "I don't know what's wrong with you and why you don't want to get involved to the AGC. Everyone knows that you are the successor of Zacharias. Your future is already built since you were born but you chose to stray away from your home and now you're lost!"

Napahilot sa sentido si Liam at marahas na napabuntong-hininga. I held onto his arm to calm him kasi nase-sense ko na ang nagbabadyang galit niya na ultimo ay isang nag-aalburotong bulkan.

"I will stick with my decisions. Meeting is adjourned," Liam said with finality and headed out of the conference room.

I immediately gathered my things, looked at my wrist watch, wrote the minutes of the meeting, then bowed to the investors before following Liam who's already walking arrogantly towards the elevator.

Pagkasarang-pagkasara ng elevator ay agad siyang napasuntok sa dingding, dahilan ng pagkagulat ko at pagkatulala sa kanya.

"How dare them question my capability of running a company? Anong tingin nila sa'kin, bobo?!" sigaw niya.

Ginulo niya ang buhok niya at marahas na tinanggal ang pagkakabuhol ng neck tie. "And how dare them mention that bastard's name inside my own company?!"

He shouted and ranted and this is the first time I ever saw him this mad. Wala akong masabi. I couldn't find words to comfort him. I was too startled to move so in the end, I just hugged him.

His body relaxed a bit and I could feel him loosing up. We hugged in silence and after a while I heard him whisper in a broken voice.