Don't Wanna Be Alone

Start from the beginning

I looked at him for a moment to try and figure out what I should say next, but I was left with nothing. He didn't need me to say anything. "I'm going to go home now. I've had a long day and don't want to be at school any longer. I'll see you around," he said before walking down the almost barren hallway. "Bren," I called after him. "What," he groaned. I jogged up to him and hugged him tightly. His tense frame relaxed against me, and he laid his head on my shoulder. "It's not a big deal, Dallon. I'll live, okay?" I nodded and gave him one last squeeze before we walked to the student parking lot together.

🚬🚬

I woke up around noon on Saturday and immediately dreaded the day ahead of me. I just wanted to spend the weekend with Brendon like always. I felt like he really upset with me. I tried calling him but was sent to voicemail. It made my heart hurt to know that I was stuck spending the weekend with people other than Brendon when I knew that he was upset with me.

My friends picked me up later on and we hit the arcade, got dinner, and went to the movies. It was a fun day, but I couldn't help but wish that Brendon was by my side through the whole thing. When I'd gone to the movies with Brendon, he'd usually lean close to me so I could whisper jokes to him during the movie. He would try and silently laugh but then would snort really loudly. I really wanted him to come to the arcade because I knew how much he loved old video games and they had just added a refurbished Galaga machine. It felt like even though he wasn't with me all day, he was all I could think about.

Soon after the movie ended, we made our way to the playground near my friend Pete's house and rolled some paper joints. We all sat on the astroturf, and I laid back, taking a drag and closing my eyes before letting it out. Smoking really helped to alleviate all of my stress about the whole situation with Brendon. "Hey, D. You seem stressed. What's going on," Pete asked. I sighed and propped myself up on my elbows. "I don't know. I think I feel bad about leaving Brendon out of this weekend. He doesn't have many other people to hang out with," I explained. My friend Josh's facial is expression seemed to show how low his tolerance of weed was as he spoke to me. "Dude, he probably doesn't give a shit. Just smoke your blunt and forget about it. Ty and I are going to lay on top of the play structure to look at the stars. Maybe doing that will help you relax," he suggested. I waved him off and put my hands over my face.

"Dall, I've never seen you so concerned over someone like this. Maybe you're into him." I took a long drag from the joint between my fingers before I turned to Pete. "I don't know. That honestly might be it. Can I tell you something as long as you promise not to get mad," I asked. Pete nodded me on. "I've been missing him a lot today. Like anytime something happens or like when we were at the arcade when we saw the new games, I could only think about how excited Bren would be or what he'd say. I don't even think he likes guys though, so I might be out of luck," I explained. Pete nodded and blew out some smoke. "I got you, buddy. I was head over heels for this guy named Andrew during our freshman year, and he was all I thought about, but it was exhausting, and eventually, you need to let that kind of shit go. Here, hold this while I go grab the bong from Jack's bag. You need some more weed in you," he said, handing me his half smoked blunt.

It had taken us nearly two hours to smoke a good portion of the stash Pete had brought, and I decided that after the amount that I'd smoked that I should find my way home. I walked home from the park because my house was only a couple blocks from Pete's. I got to my house, snuck in through the back door, crept up the stairs, and got to my bed. I knew I smelled like weed, but I couldn't bring myself to care. I stripped off my shirt and jeans, falling into bed in only my boxers.

Right as I was falling asleep, I heard a tap on my window. I pushed it off as being a bird, but when it happened again, I pulled my stoned body out of bed to see what was by my window. Sure enough, there were no birds in sight, just Brendon, standing at the bottom of my window. He gestured towards my back door and started walking around the back of the house. I met him by the door and brought him up to my room. He didn't say a word as I walked up to him and hugged him tightly against my bare chest. I couldn't help myself from pressing my lips on the top of his head softly.

He lightly moved out of my arms and went to my dresser to grab a shirt for him to sleep in. He stripped down to his underwear and put the oversized shirt on before pulling me into my bed. I cuddled into him, relishing in the warmth of his body against mine. "Bren, I'm sorry that I didn't spend today with you," I whispered. He nodded and leaned into my arms. "You don't smell that much like weed," he laughed slightly. "That's good," I said. "You said you had something planned for this weekend for us. What did you have planned?" He shook his head. "It's stupid." I nudged him slightly. "I doubt that." He laughed at me as I slurred my speech. "I was going to see if you wanted to have a picnic at that one nature preserve and then swim in the lake," he told me. "That sounds fun. We can do that tomorrow if you want," I suggested. "Yeah, that sounds nice," he smiled and pulled my blanket up to his chin. "Good. I really don't want you to be upset anymore." He sighed and closed his eyes. "I wasn't upset, D. We can talk about this in the morning. I just don't wanna be alone tonight," he spoke sleepily. "I was going to talk to you about how I like you in the morning," I mumbled, not fully down from my worry-free high.

"Dallon, what," he asked, opening his eyes and tensing against me. "Shh, in the morning, we'll talk. I wanna cuddle with you and sleep right now. I feel like I'm melting into the sheets," I groaned. He rested his cheek against my chest. "Uh yeah, D. We'll talk tomorrow," he yawned, snuggling into me hesitantly. He took in a breath that made it seem like he was about to say something but stopped himself. "What were you gonna say, Breb," I asked him. "Nothing- just um what did you say before like what did you want to talk about tomorrow," he spoke reluctantly. "I didn't say anything, babe, hah Breb not babe because I didn't say anything to-to you," I laughed before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

🌙🌙

I stirred slightly as I felt someone moved in my arms. I opened my eyes to see Brendon waking in my hold. He saw that I was looking at him and gave me a tight smile before sitting up and wrapping a throw blanket around his shoulders. "Hey, Bren, do you want something to eat? My parents bought pancake mix yesterday at the grocery store," I said while stretching. "Um sure. I'll help make it," he offered. "Nah, I've got it. It's the least I can do," I smiled, tussling his hair and getting up to find a pair of sweatpants. His cheeks seemed a little flushed, but I pushed it off as being from the way he was sleeping.

We sat down at my dining room table after I'd cooked the pancakes and ate relatively silently. "Dallon," Brendon asked. I hummed in response. "Can I talk to you about something?" He looked a little nervous. "Sure, but first, did I say or do anything dumb last night? I was baked," I laughed. "Oh um kinda, which is what I wanted to talk about. You said something to me about wanting to talk to me about something this morning," he spoke vaguely. "I have no idea what I was talking about, but I doubt that it was anything super serious, so there's nothing for you to worry about, Breb," I assured him. He looked unsure about what to do next and shifted a little in his seat.

"Hey, where are you parents," he asked quietly. "They're at work. Why?" He shook his head and put his face in his palms. "Ugh why is this so hard to ask you," he muttered to himself. "Bren, whatever is bothering you, you should just tell me. I can't fix it if I don't know what the issue is." He nodded his head and took a deep breath. "Last night you said you were going to tell me that you like me," he spoke so quickly that I could barely understand what he was saying. "Bren, you're going to have to speak a little slower, so I can understand what you're saying," I told him. "Last night, you told me that in the morning, you were going to talk to me about how you like me," he said.

I felt blush creep up my neck and face to the tips of my ears. "Oh, I said that," I spoke quietly, to which he nodded and looked at me expectingly. I suddenly became hyper aware of how close he was sitting to me and how sweet he looked in my tshirt. "Shit, well um, yeah, I don't know what to say other than yeah, I do like you," I told him. He nodded and shifted closer to me. "Are you upset with me," I asked. He shook his head, seemingly thinking of what to do next. "Can I do something, Dallon?" He sounded unsure, but I nodded.

He pushed back my chair a little and straddled my lap. I held my breath as I thought of the million things that he could be thinking of doing that led him to sit on my lap like this. He rested one hand on the back of my neck and the other barely touching my cheek. I felt like the world was moving in slow motion as he moved in and pushed his lips onto mine. I kissed back and felt both of us let out a sigh of relief. We moved together, and I smiled against his soft lips. I pulled back and rested my forehead on his. "I really like you, Breb." He smiled and kissed me one more time. "I like you too."
________________________________
A/N
This one was really long. I'm pretty proud of it. Lmk if you have any requests. I'm bored. Thank you for reading 💕
✌🏼Your Author👌🏼