Too Much Today

Dallon looked incredible today. No one can compare to him, even on his worst day. Today, however, he looked breathtaking. I know he's supposed to be my best friend and only that, but I couldn't help myself from practically drooling over him.

"Hey, Bren," I heard as Dallon came up from behind me and covered my eyes. I couldn't do this today. He looked too good up close. His smile was too bright. I liked him too much to not tell him, and it hurt to hold it in. "Hey," I sighed a bit as I looked up at him. "What's wrong? You look sad," he was immediately worried. I shook my head. "No, Bren. Seriously, what's wrong?" Usually, I'd swoon under his glance and be flustered by his concern for me, but I just couldn't look at him without wanting to kiss him and hear him say that he loved me. I pushed past him and sped to class.

⏰⏰

Guilt was consuming me as I sat in fifth period English in a seat far away from Dallon. He kept looking over at me from the other side of the room, and it made me want to curl up into a ball and cry. I tried my hardest to ignore him and focus on the poem we were given, but my concentration kept faltering, causing my thoughts to drift back over to the boy that I should've been sitting near and messing around with.

Before I'd even realized it, I was becoming choked up and tears were filling my eyes to the brim. "M-Mr. Thomas, may I please use the restroom," I asked with a slight shaking in my voice. He nodded and excused me. I quickly grabbed a bathroom pass and left the room, hiding my face from everyone's view.

I ran to the bathroom and splashed water on my face in an attempt to calm myself down. Then, someone else entered the previously empty restroom. I didn't even look up until I felt the person pulled me in front of them by the collar of my shirt.

As I looked up, I was meant with two beautiful blue eyes looming over me. "What did I do, Brendon," Dallon asked, coming off as upset with me but not meaning to. I shrugged. "No, you're going to answer me. You've been avoiding me all day, and I want to know why," he told me. I shook my head and looked away from him.

He put two fingers under my chin and made me look into his gorgeous eyes. I saw anger and such disappointment coursing through the waves of his blue irises. "Brendon, tell me what's wrong so that I can help you. You're not accomplishing anything by sitting in the fucking bathroom and frowning at yourself in the mirror," his voice was more raised as he scolded me. Tears began falling from my eyes. I couldn't have upset him. I couldn't have made him angry.

"I-I'm in love with you," I mumbled through my sobs. "What did you just say?" I didn't answer him as I wrapped my hands around my middle and cried harder. "Brendon, what did you-" he started. "I love you, okay? I'm so fucking in love with you, a-and there's nothing that I can do about it. You're so far out of my league, and I'm not worth anything compared to anyone else, let alone you. I just- I can't handle it sometimes, y'know? It's hard seeing you everyday, and you looking so fucking stunning, but I can't do shit about how I feel about it. You wanted to know, so here it is," I blurted out through my heavy crying.

He didn't speak. He just wrapped his arms around me and let me sob against him. I curled into him as he rested his chin on top of my head and rubbed circles into my back. "I-I'm so sorry, Dallon," I whispered. Dallon shook his head and kept holding me. "You have nothing to be sorry for, Bren," he assured me.

"B-but I love you, a-and you're not gay, and I'm not good enough for you anyway, and I've ruined our friendship, a-and I-" I rambled on and would've continued if I hadn't been shut up a pair of lips finding their way to my own. His lips were soft against mine, and regardless of the situation, I wouldn't have asked for any different.

"You're more than good enough for me; you're too good," Dallon whispered in my ear after our kiss ended. "But, Dallon, I-" He kissed me again. "Shut up, okay?" I nodded and wiped the tears from my eyes. "I love you so much more that you could ever love me, Bren. I've fallen in so deep, and you're the only one who can pull me out."

I felt a smile grow on my face, and I reached my hand up to cover it. "I-I am," I asked. Dallon grinned. "Yeah, Bren, you are." I pulled him close and stood on my toes to kiss him. I hung my hands behind his neck, and he placed his in the small of my back. I pushed my lips against roughly. I wanted to be as close to him as possible.

Once we broke apart, we were both smiling like idiots. "Why were you so upset this morning specifically," he asked, his eyes still flickering down to my lips. "You look really hot today," I laughed, scratching the back of my neck. I looked up to see him blushing deeply. "You look even hotter when you're blushing," I told him, running my hand down his cheek. His eyes went wide. "Fuck you, Brendon," he squeaked. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "God, would that be great," I laughed. "Oh my god, stop it," he said as he hit my arm. "Fine," I playfully sighed, my normal happy disposition making its comeback.

"Are you feeling better now," Dallon asked as we walked back to class. I nodded and leaned into him, grabbing his hand. "I'm not hot enough to upset you anymore?" I laughed and shook my head. "I'm glad," he smiled and kissed the top of my head, holding the door for me as we entered the classroom
___________________________
A/N
I got bored. Happy Thursday! Also, thank you for all of your support and for getting this book to 89.1K! I love all of you and hope you're doing well 💙
✌🏼Your Author👌🏼