Distance

I didn't have anyone anymore. I was sitting on a bench at an old rundown playground by myself. Everyone had left me, even Dallon. Sure I may have been harsh at times, but I still don't underst- he left because of me. It wasn't because he wanted a break. He didn't lose passion. He just couldn't deal with me any longer.
I couldn't stop thinking about all of those times we had together, just the two of us. We would jump out at each other around corners or have tickle fights as a way to settle arguments. I would mess with him on stage and I'd hold his large hand in mine when we left the venue. Then, there was the night when he kissed me. It wasn't on stage. We were just on a walk after a show and neither of us could sleep. The two of us stopped and sat on a bench. I was looking at the stars and breathing in the cool air, while he was looking at me and analyzing my every feature. I glanced over to him and made eye contact. That's when he kissed me. It meant nothing to either of us and was short, but it was one of my favorite moments with him.
But after the tour was over, I became more stressed about writing songs because our management wanted another album in two years, rather than like our last break of three years. I took all of my anger and frustration out on Dallon by constantly yelling at him and asking why he couldn't play the bass part perfectly or why he dressed so casually at the recording studio.
I noticed that he was talking to me less, and we were becoming borderline acquaintances rather than best friends but I figured that he was just absorbed in learning his music or that he was busy writing more. No. He was trying to find a way to leave the band without hurting anyone, showing the caring person that he was. Once he told me, I had to bite my lip until it bled in order to not burst out in tears. Did this mean I wouldn't see him anymore? I didn't know if I could handle that.
"Brendon, I'm sorry, but I can't be a part of Panic! At The Disco anymore. I'm not feeling as passionate about the music as I was before, and I think if I just take a break from the band for a while then I might consider asking to come back. I'd love to still tour, but I can't do this. This has nothing to do with you. I'm really sorry." He told me all of this right before one of our shows. "Dall, what's making you want to leave? Is it the stuff on stage? Because we can stop that. Is it that you don't have lead on anything? We can change that too." I ranted, trying to get him to stay. "It's none of that, I promise." He put his hand on my shoulder, looking into my eyes. "Please don't cry, Bren." He wrapped me in his arms and just held me. "Dall, I-I'm sorry." I mumbled into his chest, still trying to hold back the tears. "You didn't do anything." He assured me. I know he was lying.
So, there I was, sitting by myself near an abandoned play structure. I decided then would be the time to call Dallon. I took a deep breath and pressed the call button. He picked up after only two rings. "Brendon? How are you? We haven't spoken in a while." He said into the receiver. I couldn't bring myself to respond. "Bren, are you alright?" He sounded concerned. He should be. All of my hurt was because he left me, alone, with no explanation. "Dall," I started. "Is there any possible way that you can come back? I mean, I'll change, I promise. Dall, I promise." My voice faded out as I became choked up. "Bren, I'm so sorry, but it wasn't your fault. Brendon, I can hear you crying. Where are you right now?" He replied. "Y'know the playground on the corner of 7th and Laurel Road?" I asked. "Yeah. B, are you there? You always told me how sad that place made you." I could hear him sigh on the other side. "Could you possibly meet me here? I um, you don't have to, I just- I'm alone." I said. "Yeah, I'll be right there, Bren." He quickly said goodbye and hung up the phone.
Not even ten minutes later, I saw his familiar small gray car pull onto the side of the street. He rushed over to me, and I immediately started to sob. Our friendship had been ruined, and I hadn't seen him in weeks. "Bren, no. Sweetie, it's okay. I've got you, I promise." He held me close to his chest. "I'm just so- I'm so mad." I managed to get out. He looked down at me with a confused look. "Mad?" He continued rubbing my back lightly. "You didn't tell me why you left, a-and you didn't even speak to me for two months. Dall, why didn't you talk to me?" I explained, balling part of his shirt up with my fist. "I told you why I was leaving." He looked at me. I could easily tell that he was hiding behind this lie and hoping that I bought into it. "Dallon, I know you're not-" He interrupted me by putting a finger to my lips. "All of those fans that were sending me hate mail and death threats really got to me. It wasn't healthy, but I knew that I couldn't complain about it to you because you've probably been dealing with that shit for 12 years. I started believing the things they were saying about me, and I was really paranoid that when I was alone someone actually would kill me. I'm sorry, I should have told you." He finally spilt.
"Dallon, you should have talked to me about it. I'm so sorry." I sat up. If I had only known, I would have helped him, and I wouldn't have been so angry. "It's over, though. You don't need to feel bad." He said, sounding concerned for me. "Dall, do you want to talk about it now?" I asked. He shook his head and put his arm around my shoulders. "God, I've missed you." He whispered, running his fingers on his other hand through my hair. "I was afraid that if people saw me with you, the threats would continue." He explained.
"Dall?" I asked after a few moments of silence. "Yeah?" He responded. "Are we still friends?" Dallon looked at me after my question with a look of hurt and confusion. "I mean do you want to be?" He asked hesitantly. "Yeah." I laid my head on his shoulder. "Bren, I missed these moments." He laughed a bit. "What do you mean?" I questioned. "Y'know, like when we would sit in silence, but it wouldn't be weird. We'd lay next to each other and not even speak. I missed this, bro." He replied. "Bro?" I laughed. "Did you really just ruin that sweet little rant by calling me bro?" He smirked and went to speak again. "Don't even talk if you're going to call me bro or dude." I scolded. "You're no fun." He sighed, and we sat there on the old bench at the rundown playground. He had his arm loosely draped around my shoulders, and I had my head resting on his shoulder. Moments like this were what I lived for, silence with no distance, just the knowledge that he was there with me was enough.
___________________________
A/N
Hey, I am so sorry this took so long. School is overwhelming, but hopefully the other requests will be filled very soon. This request was made by mockavis . I hope you enjoyed it.
✌🏼️Your Author👌🏼