Calm

This oneshot has brief mentions of sexual assault (not very in depth or harmful to the character) and harsh self harm. Please don't read if these thing trigger you or effect you in any way. Your safety and well-being is more important than you reading this oneshot. If you or a loved one is being sexually abused, please do not hesitate to call the National Sexual Assault Hotline:  1-800-656-4673. If you or a loved one is struggling with self-harm, the National Self Harm Hotline is 1-800-366-8288. You do not have to be ashamed, and you are not alone💜

I sat in the shower and harshly rubbed my skin with a washcloth. I had been attacked in a grocery earlier that day. Some guy tried to kiss me, and he pushed me against the shelves, so I couldn't move. His lips were trailing up and down my neck and attempting to make contact with my lips. I was squirming and trying to push him away. I eventually kicked him off of me and ran out of the store. I felt dirty, scared, and just disgusting. "Bren, I'm home." Dallon called. He didn't know about the incident. I didn't want to bother him at work. "Baby, where are you?" He shouted. "Brendon?" He was banging on the bathroom door, sending me deeper into a fit of sobs. My breathing was heavy and labored as I struggled to intake air. My heartbeat was pounding in my ears like the noise Dallon was making by the knocking. "Brendon, I'm going to get the key." He panicked. He unlocked the door and flung it open, rushing over to me. "Brendon, baby, what's the matter? Are you alright? Oh my god look at your arm. Bren, what did you do?" He was so flustered, and I hated to do this to him. He looked so confused and afraid for me. "Bren, baby, please answer me." He looked at me with eyes filled with care. It made me want to be wrapped up in his embrace, but I couldn't bring myself to move. "I'm going to help you out, B." He stated as he held my arm that hadn't been scraped by the washcloth and pulled me up. I fell into his arms. I felt bad that I was dripping wet, but I needed this. "I-I'm so sorry." I cried into his shirt. "Ssh ssh ssh." He held me as close as he could. "I-I-I-" I was trying so hard to speak. "Bren, sweetheart, it's okay. I don't care that you got me wet or that I have to deal with you because you're not a problem." He assured me. "Dall, I was s-so scared." I whimpered into his chest. "Baby, what happened?" Dallon was rubbing my back and trying to comfort me, which was slowly working. "A-at the g-g-grocery store, I-I- he-" I couldn't even finish what I was saying before I began sobbing again. It was so frustrating. "Ssh, Brendon, I've got you. You don't have to tell me right now. I've got you. You're okay." He kissed the top of my head and just let me cry.
"Brendon, baby, are you okay, now?" He asked after I had stopped crying. I nodded and opened my mouth to speak. "You don't need to tell me anything if it'll upset you." Dallon was tracing patterns on my back, which I found extremely soothing. "A-at the grocery store, t-there was this guy and h-h-he pushed me against a shelf a-and started kissing m-my neck. Dallon, I was so so scared." I felt my breath becoming heavier. "I-I pushed h-him off, b-b-but I didn't get the g-groceries we needed, and I-I- he kissed me. H-he k-k-k-kissed me, Dallon. J-Jesus Christ, I-I'm so terrible." I sobbed. "Oh my god, baby, no. Nothing that happened is your fault, I promise. Shh shh shh. I promise." Dallon assured me. "Y-you're going t-t-to leave me, now. Aren't you? Everyone is going to leave me." I couldn't seem to calm down. The only thoughts running through my head were telling me that Dallon was going to leave and that he was going to hate me.
"Bren. Brendon, look at me. I will never leave you. I love you so much. Right now, I need you to concentrate on breathing, love. Breathe in and out slowly. Don't pay attention to anything other than my voice and your breathing." He cooed, tears welling up in his bright eyes as he pressed his lips to my forehead.
Dallon had gotten me a pair of boxers and was drying my hair with the towel. "Are you breathing?" He took my face in his hands and wiped away my tears with his thumbs. "D-Dall?" I asked, looking in to his comforting eyes. "Yes, sweetheart?" He responded. "I'm so so grateful for you." I promised. "Breathe, my love." He smiled, kissing me on my forehead again and helping me lay down on our bed. "Can I lay with you, darling?" He pulled the warm blanket over my shaking and exhausted body. "Please." I buried my face in his neck when he laid down. "I'm so proud of you." I heard being whispered in my ear. "What for?" I inquired. "Baby, you got through that faster than you usually do. Your anxiety attacks are getting shorter and shorter. I'm so so proud." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you, Dall." I replied. "I love you too, sweetheart." He smiled, lifting up my chin and kissing my lips softly.
We just laid there together, peacefully falling asleep. Anxiety attacks always left me exhausted, so the sleeping in the middle of the day wasn't abnormal. "Bren, are you still awake?" Dallon asked from beside me. "Yeah." I answered, snuggling closer to him. "How long had you been crying before I came home?" He was twirling my hair around his finger. "An hour or so." I mumbled, a bit ashamed. "B, why didn't you call me?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Baby, you can always call me when something like that is happening to you. You know that right?" Dallon pulled me closer to his chest. "Yeah, I know. I just thought you'd be upset that someone else kissed me." I realized how stupid that was. "Bren, I'd never be angry at you for something like that." He cooed. "I'm sorry I wasn't home with you or at the store to protect you." He added. "It's not your fault, Dall. I love you, but I'm tired, so I'm going to go to sleep." I smiled. "Goodnight, I love you too." Dallon kissed the top of my head, and I reached up to kiss his lips. I fell asleep quickly in his protective embrace, feeling loved and safe.
___________________________
A/N
This oneshot was requested by Alpha_Jayfeather . My short story (unrelated to Brallon, sorry) has been posted. It is called Opaque. I hope you enjoyed this story, and I'm sorry again for the wait.

✌🏼️Your Author👌🏼