Yellow

(Brendon's POV)

"Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you and everything you do. Yeah, they were all yellow." Dallon would sing to me. He knew my favorite color was yellow, so he'd call me his daisy. I had asked him why of all flowers a daisy because they're mainly white. He told me the centers were yellow and I was the center of his world.

We were on the same wave length. I'd be about to ask if we had any food for dinner and he'd be just grabbing his keys to run to the grocery store. We'd both lean in for a kiss at the same random moment. Neither of us had to fully initiate anything, we'd alway meet in the middle.

If colors were emotions, I'd always feel yellow- happy, joyful, at peace with my emotions, perfect like the weather on a spring day or the season of yellow. Now that he's gone, I feel blue. Sad, never able to sleep without him by my side, alone in the ocean of my thoughts, and oceans are blue, blue like Dallon's eyes that would never meet my bored brown ones again.

I miss him terribly. He's not dead, he just felt like we were no longer compatible. My world crumbled down that day, two years ago. I haven't seen an inch of yellow for the past 24 months. It's actually two years as of today. I haven't laughed, smiled, or loved since he walked out of our front door.

I begged him not to go, not really. I was afraid that he'd stay away for longer. I kept telling myself that he'd come back, that he was just on a trip. His trip to paradise lead to my fall to darkness. I was staying at a hotel a mile away from our old apartment. I did the same last year at this time. I couldn't bear the memories. Tears fell at the speed of a rushing river that night when he broke the news to me. It almost seemed like he was hesitant to leave as well, and that scared me.

I decided that sooner or later I'd need to face my fears of the echoing recollections. I left the hotel and drove back to our apartment even though it was almost 9 o'clock. The short drive was silent. I didn't sing. I didn't hum. I had no sound at all. God, my thoughts were eating me alive.

The moment I pulled into the complex, a lump was caught in my throat. At the door of the apartment sat a tall man with his head in his hands. I quickly parked my car and walked up to the slouched over figure. "Dallon?" I asked. "Daisy? Oh my god I was afraid you'd moved." Dallon stood up and put his hands on my face as if to prove to himself that I was real. "I feel blue." I stated simply. I looked into his ocean eyes and saw disappointment course through the currents. I might not have seen him in two years, but I could still read him like a book.

"What do you mean, Brendon?" I shook my head and chuckled awkwardly. "Remember the stupid thing we had with colors? Your favorite color was red, mine yellow. I always loved yellow because of the happy and peaceful aura that surrounded me when I'd see it and because it reminded me or your ridiculous yellow bowtie that you wore on our first date. You loved red because it made you think of love and the color my cheeks would get when you'd compliment me or sneak a kiss at dinner. Now, I feel blue. Blue makes me sad, and alone, but it reminds me of your eyes that I can't quite seem to get out of my mind and-"

I was about to faint due to not stopping to breathe. Dallon cut me off and made me sit down as he did as well. He continued my sentence for me because we were always on the same wave length and knew what each other were thinking. "-and I couldn't sleep without you by my side and this primary color feels like it can't be escaped. I miss you, Brendon. I miss my delicate white flower with the yellow center. I miss my center." He grabbed my hands and placed a kiss on each of them.

"Why'd you leave?" I questioned, allowing the blush to sweep across my face. "I was worried that I was becoming too clingy and that you would eventually get sick of me." He looked down at me with an expression that was dripping with sadness and sorrow. I swear I could see a storm raging on inside his eyes. "I came back today because I was hoping we could pick up where we left off. I know it'll take time, but I can't stand to have that one thing missing in my life. That one thing is you."

Dallon hadn't really been making eye contact with me. It seemed like he was afraid. "Dallon, I've been waiting up for you. I haven't loved, laughed, or lived since you've been gone."I finally met his eyes, the ones I'd missed so dearly and thought I'd never see again. "Would you be willing to take me back?" He asked. One of the things I loved most about Dallon was, he'd never force anything upon me or attempt to persuade me to do something. Whether it was what brand of coffee creamer we bought or where we went for Christmas, he always went with my suggestion.

"I'd love nothing more." I felt my face grow hot, something that only Dallon could make happen. "Would you let me kiss you now, Daisy?" His smile stretched from ear to ear as he asked the question. "Of course, Dally." I answered. Our lips connected, and I felt something get set down next to my hand. I opened my eyes and pulled away from the short, soft kiss. I found a small clay pot that was painted yellow. In the soil, was a daisy with a label that read Brendon. I looked up at him and smiled for the first time in two years.

"Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you and everything you do. Yeah they were all yellow." My Dallon sang to me as he rocked me back and forth in his embrace. "Never let me be blue." I requested in a whisper. "Fragile flowers are meant to be happy and yellow, and that's how I intend to keep you." I was answered in a matching hush tone and left with a kiss on the top of my head as the two of us sat on the steps in front of our apartment under the stars.