The Difference Between Reciting And Reality

I'd always been a good actor and really dedicated to embracing my character, but I'd never expected anyone to get upset at me over it. "Brendon Urie?" I heard the casting director shout. I was auditioning to be Link Larkin in Hairspray. "Okay, Brendon. You're singing audition yesterday was fabulous, but we need you to do a read through with the girl playing Tracy." He explained. "Okay. That'll work." I nodded. I had a feeling that I was going to get this part anyway as I was one of the school favorites.

My boyfriend Dallon was sitting in the theater as I took to the stage. He'd always been so supportive of me. "Hi, I'm Trinity. They cast me yesterday." The short girl joined me on the stage and smiled nervously. "Alright." I rubbed my hands together and picked up the script that was given to me. The seen right before Without Love. "So I went down to the station to tell Mrs. Von Tussel I was through with the Miss Hairspray broadcast. She didn't care. It's Amber the talent scouts are coming to see. It had nothing to do with me. I feel like such an idiot." I recited the lines on the paper with as much emotion as I could.

I looked briefly to Dallon and saw him beaming. "That makes two of us." She sighed. "I know a palooka like me isn't worthy of a ground-breaking extremist like you, but would you consider wearing my ring?" I offered my possible co-star. "It's beautiful. I have a good life." She gushed. We glanced into each other's eyes for the scene and waited for the director to cut us off. "Alright. Go to page 118, please. Brendon, lead us off." He requested.

It was for the seen where Tracy kisses Link, but I didn't think anything of it. We began the quickly escalating scene. "This may not be the right moment since we're on national TV and all, but Tracy, if I don't kiss you now I just may bust a gut." I spoke. I could see Dallon's face in the audience. His supportive smile turned to a frown the second that sentence left my mouth. "Well we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, now would we?" The actress read. I moved towards her and cupped her face in my hands.

The track for You Can't Stop The Beat continued to play as I connected our lips. I leaned her back and deepened the dramatic embrace. Her face was slightly flushed as I picked her back up and ended the kiss. Dallon's face, however, was as red as a ripe tomato. I ignored it though. "Okay, Brendon. You did a fantastic job, and you have the part." The director announced. "Thank you so much, Mr. Lawrence. I'll see you at rehearsal." I grinned from ear to ear as I accepted the role.

"Dall, baby, did you hear that? I got the part! I've wanted to play that role since seventh grade! God, I'm so happy right now!" I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. He flinched a bit as I kissed his cheek. "Dall, what's the matter? You okay?" I asked, taking his hand and running my thumb down the back of it.

"Nothing. I'm proud of you, B." He gave me an empty smile. "No, you're mad. You're angry. What did I do?" I worried as we walked out of the auditorium to his car as the audition took place after school. "I'm not angry with you, B." He raised his voice slightly. "No. You're going to tell me what's bothering you, Dallon." I put my hands on his shoulders and continued to keep my soft expression.

"Do you like Trinity? I mean sh-she's pretty, she has a great voice, and she's nice." He blurted. "Aw, baby, no." I leaned in and pecked his lips. "B-but you kissed her!" He exclaimed, shakily. "It was nothing but acting, my love." I promised and ran my hand down his cheek. "Why don't you kiss me like that, though? You kissed her so passionately, and you only kiss me lightly. Do you not think that I can deal with it? B-because I can. You can kiss me like that i-if you want to." He looked at the ground and got teary-eyed. "Aw, darling, I don't need to make out with you. I know you haven't done that before. I don't care about making out. I love you no matter what." I promised. "B-but I want to." He smiled slightly as he looked at me.

"Honey, we don't have to kiss like that." I assured him. "Like what?" He sighed, seemingly disappointed. "Like this." I connect our lips and dipped him back the same way I did to the actress, but this time, it was real. I ended the kiss by softly pulling away and kissing his cheek. "Oh, like that." He blushed and smiled at me. "Yeah, sweetheart, like that." I touched our foreheads together.

"You ready to go home now? I bought ice cream last night." I took his hand in mine. "Did you get cookie dough?" He asked. "Yes, I did, hun. You're so cute." I grinned as his face flushed. "Four years and you still make me blush like a little kid." He frowned. "Come on, Dall. I need to stop at the bank on the way home because I need to grab our first month's rent." I laughed. "I still can't believe that we have our own place." He giggled. "Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I mean we are both 18 with jobs and a four year relationship."

I kissed him on the cheek as he got in the car. I walked to the driver's side and sat down. "No matter what happens when I'm acting on stage, you'll always be my one and only, Dallon." I promised as I took his hand and started the car.
___________________________
A/N
I'm so happy with how this turned out, and yes, it is possible for me to update more than once in a day. This prompt came from 21ChemicalDiscoBoys6 , and I hope you all enjoyed.
✌🏼Your Author👌🏼