Broken

Trigger Warning: This oneshot contains unsupportive parents (fairly mild) of person A's sexuality. If you will be affected by this in anyway, please do not read on. If you or a loved one is not excepted by your friends or family, please don't hesitate to call the National Sexuality Support Hotline: 1-800-246-7743. Regardless of who you love, you are human 💜

"Dallon, wh-what is this?" Brendon asked shakily, seeing the small envelope on the kitchen counter with his name written on it in perfect script. "I don't know, B. It was in the mailbox." I called from the couch. "C-can we open it together?" He was hunched over the counter. "Of course, baby. What's the matter?" I came up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I-it looks like my mother's handwriting." He breathed out slowly. "I haven't spoken to her in two and a half years." I kissed his cheek and assured me that it couldn't be anything that bad, or surely she would have called. "O-oh my god. Dallon, it's a-an invite to a conversion therapist. She wrote a note too, shit. Brendon, I've been trying to find a doctor to cure you of your sickness. Oh shit. Please, don't contact us unless you're well again. We don't want the family becoming infected. ~Mom. Dallon, s-she's sending a therapist to our house." His eyes began to bubble over with tears that would not stop flowing. My breath was caught in my throat. "Shhh, baby. It's okay. It's alright." I swayed us, still having my hands wrapped around his waist. He broke away from my grasp. "No, it's not okay! She can't fucking intrude on my life like this! Dall, she's fucking sending a therapist to try and make me 'not gay'! I- Dallon, she can't do that can she? She can't fucking send a therapist to me, right?" I looked into his eyes, seeing nothing but fear and sadness. "Unfortunately, B, I think she can." I sighed, lightly, reaching out and putting my hand on his shoulder. "She fucking knows that she broke me when she kicked me out, yet she still finds it necessary to do shit like this!" He yelled. He continued shouting and shouting until his voice was sore. "Brendon, come here." I opened my arms to him. "Dall, she hates me. My own blood hates me for something that I can't change. How do you even care about me? All I do is pester you with my problems and require constant attention. I'm like a fucking child. Why would anyone as wonderful as you put up with someone as problematic and emotional as me?" He sobbed as he turned and buried his face into my chest. "Baby, no. You don't pester me or bother me, and you're definitely not a problem.  Bren, sweetheart, I- I love you. I love you to the moon and back, darling." I wrapped my arms around his tiny frame. He shook his head. "No no no you can't love me. I'm broken. I-I'm so broken." He kept shaking his head and crying into my now soaked shirt. "Baby, even the most broken things can be fixed with enough love and effort." I promised. He looked up at me, his big brown eyes meeting mine. "You can't love me, you just can't. I can't love you. My mom, she can't love me because of the way I am. Maybe the therapist can fix me. Maybe my mom will love me. You can't love me. I can't be like this. My mom can't hate me. She can't. You can't love me. You can't love me. You can't love me. How can you love me?" He rambled off on a tangent. "Bren, sweetheart, calm down. You are very lovable. Your mom is a piece of shit for making you feel this way. Let me love you please. I can fix you. You don't need a fucking therapist to make you straight. I love you because you're sweet, you're adorable, and you let me treasure you. I love that when you sleep, you have to have one sock on so you're not too hot or too cold. I love when you curl up in my lap and lean back on me. I love when you make coffee in the mornings with just enough sugar and cream. I love how you spend 30 minutes on your hair and barely spend 5 minutes doing anything else to get ready. I love how when you drive and listen to music your leg bounces to the beat. I love you for more reasons than you could imagine, Brendon. You're not a problem for me, you're a miracle. You're not too emotional, you're sentimental and caring. You don't pester me, you give me a reason to get up in the morning. Please, let me fix you, and let me love you." I was holding the sobbing boy. I pressed my lips to the top of his head. "You act like I'm some special snowflake that makes a difference j-just by- by walking." He managed to choke out through sobs. "Baby, you are. Come on let's go sit down." I pulled Brendon over to the couch. He wrapped his arms around my neck and buried his face in my shirt. His legs were around my torso, straddling me. "It's okay, Bren. I'll call and cancel the therapist. We can just lay here all day, and I'll keep talking you through this. You can do this, I know you can, B." I promised him. "Don't you h-have work?" He sniffled. "No, sweetheart. I called in sick because you wanted me to stay in bed this morning, remember?" I rubbed his back. "Why would my mother h-h-hate me because I like guys?" He asked, continuing to dwell on the letter. "Because she's an ignorant wench, my darling. She'll never know what she's missing. If only she knew about how amazing you are, she'd overlook your sexuality, but even then, she's an idiot for thinking that your sexuality is a flaw because it's not." I could feel a tear make its way down my own face. "Y-you're so beautiful, even when you're crying. You know that, right?" I put my hand under his chin, which was damp with tears. "T-thank you." He kissed my cheek. "You missed, beautiful one." I smiled as he blushed slightly. "W-what do you m-mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows. I leaned in and connected our lips. "This is disgusting. You're getting my tears in your mouth." He laughed against my lips. "I don't care." I let my hands wander to his waist. "You're gross." He mumbled into the kiss. "You're beautiful." I retorted. "You're-" He began. "Jesus, Bren, just kiss me, will you?" I laughed, interrupting him. I just sat there, kissing him, and I would until he was fixed and knew how much I loved him because it was more than he'd ever imagine.
___________________________
A/N
Hello, everyone! I should be studying and worrying about midterms, but haha screw that. Here's the first request from Alpha_Jayfeather (one of my most active readers who I adore). I hope everyone enjoyed. Have a wonderful day!
✌🏼Your Author👌🏼