Support

The tour was going well, and the day started off perfectly. I was feeling great and really excited because we had some really big names coming to our show. I mean, of course I was a little nervous, but I knew that I'd get over my nerves once I stepped on stage, which was true most of the time.

I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach beating their wings rapidly against my insides when I walked out with my microphone in hand. The only thing keeping me sane was Dallon smiling at me and helping me out with my normal dialogue in between songs.

"So Brendon, tell me, when did you get so damn sexy," he asked into the microphone, walking over to me and looking me up and down with much exaggeration. "Why, do you like something you see," I smirked into the microphone. "You know it, honey." He pulled me against him forcefully, letting his hands wander in a hyperbolic way.

We began singing the next song at a close proximity. Everything was fine until I stepped away from Dallon to play to the crowd a little. I was blanking. My mind was going into overdrive, and I couldn't remember the lyrics. I could practically feel the confusion radiating off of my bandmates and the fans staring at me.

I didn't know where to look or what to do, so I ran off the stage and went to my dressing room. I saw Dallon's head peek into the room. I broke down.

"Brendon, it's okay," he rushed over and let me cry into his shirt. "No, it's not. I fucked up everything. Th-the whole show is ruined, and now all of those people will think that I'm uncommitted and untalented. I-I can't do anything, Dallon," I told him. He shook his head and put his arms around my waist.

I felt like I couldn't breathe as he held me. Nothing could calm me down. I was just stuck there, sobbing into Dallon's chest. I quickly pushed away from him and grabbed the small trash can that was conveniently placed by the doorway, throwing up into the bin. "B, it's okay. Just try and breathe," he spoke softly in my ear as I continued to empty my stomach into the trash.

"Do you want some water?" I nodded my head and gratefully drank from the bottle. Dallon didn't deserve to have to deal with me, yet he was the one sitting there, rubbing circles onto my back as he tried to comfort me.

"I'm sorry," I choked out. "It's okay, ba-Brendon. You'll be alright," he spoke. "I-I don't want you to have t-t-to deal with someone as shitty a-as me," I sobbed. He shook his head and pulled me closer into him. "I want to be here for you, Brendon. I'm not 'dealing with you', I'm caring for you."

I felt Dallon's lips on my forehead, and immediately, I looked up at him, the confusion present on my face. "It's okay, B," he continued. "Y-you kissed me," I tried to make my shaky and stuttering voice balance out, but failed. "You're in need of comfort, and I'm in love with you." The statement didn't process in my head until he leaned forward and did it again, this time, on my lips.

I melted into the embrace but wound up making it end because of my post-sobbing hiccups. "I-I-what do I do Dallon?" He cocked his head to the side. "What do you mean," he asked. "There are thousands of people waiting out there for me to perform, a-and I just ran off the stage and ruined th-th-the show." My tears were starting to well up in my eyes again. "Hey, they'll all support you no matter what and so will I," he promised. I hugged him tightly and took a deep breath.

"I can promise you that everyone is going to cheer you on and support you to no end, B. I believe that you can do this. Do you want to go back out there," he said with a calm tone. "I mean I want to but-"

"Then let's go. I know that you're scared and nervous, but I'll be there the whole time and so will the rest of the guys."

Dallon pressed his lips to my head once more as I nodded and we left the dressing room. "You ready to go back out there," Zack asked. I looked to Dallon, and he smiled encouragingly. I nodded at Zack and ran back out on stage with my acoustic guitar, plastering a smile on my face.

"Hey, guys, sorry about that. I'm feelin' a little under the weather and had to run to the trash can if you get what I mean," I explained to the roaring crowd. I heard a few people scream the words "we understand", but most of the audience just yelled at the top of their lungs.

"Okay, this song is called 'I Have Friends In Holy Spaces'," I announced and listened to the shouts coming from the fans in front of me. I exhaled shakily into the microphone and listened to the sound of my breath echoing through the anticipating venue. "You remind me of a former love that I once knew," I began, remembering the lyrics with no problem.

The audience was clapping along to the beat of the song, but nothing was helping the weight to be relieved from my chest. I continued to sing, overthinking the lyrics and trying my best to keep my emotions under control. Dallon was backstage with everyone else giving them a rundown of what happened.

I finished the song and was met with an enormous amount of support and applause, but I soon realized that all of the cheering wasn't only for me. Dallon and the rest of the members had come back on stage, and Dallon was eyeing me up and down again. "Oh Dallon, what are you staring at," I asked, smiling at him and not even hiding it. "I'm just admiring the view, babe. Y'know, if you want to kiss me just say it," he joked. "I want to kiss you. There, I said it. Now, let's make this dream of mine a reality, huh?"

He came waltzing over to me and pressed his lips to my own. There was no exaggeration necessary to make the audience shout louder than anything I'd ever heard. "What'd you think of that, my darling Brendon," he grinned as I let my fingers dance over the place where his lips had just been. "You're amazing," I gushed.

We ended the concert with I Write Sins Not Tragedies, and I had never felt so at ease during a show. Stolen glances were exchange during the song, and I'd almost lose my breath when Dallon would throw his head back. He knew how that affected me regardless of me having told him about my attraction towards him just today.

I walked over to Spencer as the last seconds of the song rang out and let him finish. "Let's give it up for Spencer Smith," I shouted and repeated the action for Ian. Then, I walked to Dallon and went to do the same. "Let's give it up for-" I was cut off by Dallon taking my mic and speaking into it. "Let's give it up for Brendon tonight, folks! Brendon, take a big bow," he spoke. Every night, I'd end the show with the request that the crowd acknowledges my bandmates, and never once did I get to bow or get individual applause, but Dallon changed that, and I appreciated it more than anything.

I looked up at him with a stupid smile gracing my lips and bowed. I felt so validated and needed nothing more than what was right it front of me.
___________________________
A/N
I said there'd be an update tonight, so here it is. This request is from DarkHighness , and I hope you all enjoyed. I still have six other requests left. Hang in there until tomorrow night, everyone! The title of my first full fic will be revealed! Thank you for reading 💕
✌🏼Your Author👌🏼