Hatred to Hopelessly in Love

"Hi, I'm Dallon." The tall, tall boy said to me with a bored and monotone voice. He was wearing a black t-shirt with black skin tight jeans, contrasting my light colored sweater and blue jeans. "I uh I'm Brendon." I replied, sticking out my hand for a handshake, which only earned me a scoff. "We'll be fine with these living arrangements as long as you don't touch any of my things or interfere with my friends and I. Okay?" He recited this to me like he'd repeated the same spiel to people before. "Alright. I'm pretty quiet, and I won't touch your stuff." I muttered quietly, clearly intimidated by his height and tough persona. "Good." He turned away from me and began unpacking his boxes. "I was um thinking about going to the store and getting some food. Do you want to come with me?" I asked politely. "No, I need to set up my stuff. You could bring back some Dr. Pepper and pretzels though." The remark didn't sound like suggestion but more like a demand. He didn't even look up when he spoke to me. It's like I wasn't worth him giving me the time of day. "Oh uh yeah. I'll be back shortly." I left the dorm and sighed immediately as the door shut behind me. I drew only one conclusion from those 5 minutes. I did not like Dallon. He was bossy, rude, and condescending, not to mention extremely intimidating.
By the second month of living with Dallon, I had upgraded my attitude about him to hatred. "You didn't get anymore Ramen, did you?" He asked in the condescending tone that was frequently used by him. "I um forgot. Do you need me to go back to the store?" I shyly responded. I was terrified of him. Even though I was filled to the brim with hatred for him, I couldn't just let him know that. "I guess not. Maybe try and remember next time." He huffed under his breath. "Do we at least have chips?" He sighed. "Yeah. We have regular and cheddar." I answered. "My friends are coming over at five to watch Deadpool." He told me. "Okay." I replied. He looked at me expectantly. "Okay you'll leave us alone or okay you're planning on staying out here, taking up a spot on the couch?" He questioned. "I was um planning on watching the movie too." He raised an eyebrow at me. "You think you're welcome to sit with my friends and I?" He snarled. "I mean it's my dorm too, and I've been wanting to see that movie." I managed to say. I was so infuriated by how I'd been treated by him. "Do you even know what type of shit they say in that movie?" He scoffed at me. I flinched at the swear word and sighed. He just shook his head with a cocky smirk and walked away from me.
"Dallon, someone's at the door." I called from the couch. "Yeah, I've got it. Try picking up your cup off the table." He requested. "Why? I'm sitting here too." I shot back. "Whatever, just don't embarrass me." He glared at me before opening the door to reveal three more boys with similar dress to Dallon. "Hey Brendon is going to make us some popcorn. You guys ready?" He laughed and motioned for me to go to the kitchen. "No I'm not." I said, causing one of Dallon's friends to slightly laugh. "I'll be right back." He promised to his friends who had already joined me on the couch. He pointed at me and then to the kitchen. "Brendon, what the hell? You said you weren't going to embarrass me. What the fuck? Make some damn popcorn and bring it in there." He shouted just quiet enough for the other boys to not hear. "Uh um o-okay. I'm sorry. I'll um do it r-right now, sorry." I was mentally panicking. He was going to beat me up or something. "Hey, Brendon." He said. "Y-yeah?" I responded. "Come here." He requested. I walked over to him and waited to see what he was planning to do. "You're shaking." He said as he took my hands in his own. "I-I know." I stammered. I was beyond nervous at this point. "Is it because I yelled?" He inquired. I avoided eye contact with him as I slowly nodded. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." Dallon put two fingers under my chin and lift my head up so my eyes would meet his. "T-the popcorn is going to burn." I pointed out. "Go sit down, I'll do it." I had no idea what had changed in his attitude, but this Dallon wasn't as much of a jerk. "No, i-it's honestly fine. I-I'm 100% f-fine." I assured him, shakily. "Brendon, please go sit down. I didn't mean to yell at you." He put his hand on my shoulder and turned me around. That was the first time he had said the word 'please' to me. "Dallon, I'm okay. I-I can make popcorn." I stuttered. "Brendon, I've got it. Go sit down." He said in a more strict tone. My fear of him didn't just fade because he was nice to me all of the sudden.
I walked back into the room with our TV and sat down, still in shock. "You got out of making the popcorn?" One of Dallon's friends asked. "I uh I guess." I replied. "Sweet." The boy said. I sat there silently until Dallon came back in the room with the popcorn. He sat on the couch with me rather than on the couch with all of his friends. "Hey, Dally Boy. Are you going to turn on the movie?" The same boy asked. "Oh uh yeah." He faltered before getting up to grab the remote.
Not even 5 minutes into the movie, there had already been cursing and mentions of sex. My eyes were wide as I listened intently to the vulgar language. Dallon laid a comforting hand on my leg. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded, my mouth hanging open as Dallon and his friends laughed at the disgusting humor. Half way through the movie, I had to get up and leave. I was trying my hardest to be a mature college student, and I wanted to be able to watch R rated movies, but I couldn't take the disgusting words they used. I went to our shared room and decided to work on a project that was due at the end of the month. Once I heard the laughter cease and the door shut, I went back into the living room. "Hey, um Dallon?" I timidly addressed my tall roommate. "Yeah?" He answered. "I-I'm sorry that I ruined your uh get together." I apologized. "Why? You didn't do anything." He stopped picking up the trash from his friends and just looked at me. "I didn't make the popcorn and I took up space on the couch that could have been used for all of you to spread out, rather than be cramped together. I'm really sorry. I'm such a jerk." I sighed. "No, you didn't do anything wrong. No one was cramped, and it was really rude of me to have you get the popcorn." He promised. "Are you alright?" He worried. I nodded.
I saw a change in him that day. It was like the jerk attitude was just a facade or a weak wall that was waiting to be broken down. He was convinced that I was still shaken up from before, so he took out his guitar and played for me. He refused to let me do anything remotely helpful for the rest of the night.
I grew to like Dallon in the next few months. He asked me to be his boyfriend on Halloween. Being able to get so close to him, being able to call him my own, getting to learn more about him, and seeing all of the sweet little things he did for me progressed me liking him into me loving him. I paid attention to every detail about him that most people would overlook.
"Hey, Dall." I called as he got back from the store. "Hey." He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my waist, lightly kissing me on the top of my head. "I'm exhausted." I yawned as it was 11:30. "Alright, love. Let's unpack these groceries and then go to bed." He said. "We could always watch a movie." I suggested. I didn't tend to like the movies he did, but I was willing to try to watch one to make him happy. "Like what?" He asked, putting his hands out and motioning for me the put mine on top. He did that a lot. "Uh The Breakfast Club?" I knew this was his favorite, but I'd never seen it. I heard it was kind of inappropriate. "Bren, do you know the type of shi- stuff that's in that movie?" He questioned. I shrugged. "Darling, I'm not sure you'd be comfortable with it." He put away the last package and lead me to the couch, putting his hand back in its place around my waist. "B, what do you want to watch, my love? I don't need you watching anything like that." My protective boyfriend stated as he pulled me down onto the couch with him. "I want to watch your favorite movie." I repeated. "Bren, as sweet as that is, I don't need you watching that. It's perfectly okay that you haven't seen it." He assured me. "Dall, all of your other friends have seen it. Why can't I?" He just smiled at me and kissed me lightly on the lips. "You're different, sweetheart." He replied. "How so? I am just as mature as they are, and I can handle a few bad words and some inappropriate remarks." I offered. "I know you're just as mature and that you could handle it, but I don't need your innocent mind to be polluted by those words." I looked at him with an expression that showed how exhausted I was. "Dall, I can watch an R-rated movie and not be offended." I stressed to him. "You don't need to prove anything to me. I can see how tired you are, and I know I'm exhausted too, so let's go to bed and watch it another night." He stood up and held out both of his hands to help me up.
"Dall, are you still awake?" I asked as we laid side by side on our new queen sized mattress. "Yeah. What's up?" He whispered, trying to preserve the quiet atmosphere in the room. "Why do you always hold both of my hands?" I turned over to face him. "You want to know why?" He smiled. I nodded. "I like holding your small hands and enveloping them in my larger ones. I like to run my thumbs over the smooth skin on the back of your hands and sooth you because I know it calms you down. I like to pretend that we're getting married because I love you enough to be standing there with you. I hold your hands for a lot of reasons, B." He explained. "You think we'll get married one day?" I meekly spoke, blushing. "Yes, I do."
He placed his lips to mine. I involuntarily ended the kiss by yawning. "Sorry." I giggled. "Go to sleep, Bren." He chuckled. "I love you, Dall." I cuddled into him closer. "I love you too, Bren." He kissed me one more time, and we both closed our tired eyes. I only had one thought running through my head as I drifted further to sleep. "He going to marry me."
I smiled as he draped his arm over me. The only person that had ever cared so deeply about me was Dallon, and I treasured that. I was hopelessly in love, I didn't care.
___________________________
A/N
Request number 2 is finished at 2011 words! This idea came from heavydirtybrallon . For all the rest of you that requested stuff, the stories are on their way, I promise. I always make sure my chapters are at least 1000 words, so it may take a bit for all of the requests to be filled. Thank you for your patience!
✌🏼️Your Author👌🏼