Chapter 36: Dance competition part 2

A/N: I do not OWN any of the songs in this story. The lyrics are in bold and italic the one that is normal are the actions. First song Recovery by James Arthur, Second song Love the way you lie bye Eminem and Rihanna  

      I was standing outside the dressing room my big solo coming up soon and I couldn't breathe Chris was out dancing with the boys. I tried to call my brother but knew I wouldn't be able to say anything so I just called him to get his attention so he will see my text. NEED HELP PLEASE!  I'M FREAKING OUT  was what the text read. I clutched my phone to my chest trying my hardest to catch a breathe. I closed my eyes taking in deep breathes trying to calm the pain in my chest. I hear heavy foot steps going down the hall. 

             Before opening my eyes I was immediately embraced in a hug. "I told you my sister needed me" I heard Abel say hugging me tightly. "Thank you" I say with a shaky breathe hiding my face in his chest. "Your welcome" he said before pulling me away from him "Why are you freaking out?" he asked. "I'm nervous what if I mess up the dance?" I say worried and I see him softly smile. "You mess up? you know how funny that sounds" he said placing a hand on my shoulder. "Well Abel it does not sound funny to me at all" I spoke out crossing my arms. "You have been my sister all my life now, no we don't share the same mom but you have never once made a mistake in your life" he said. "Really what have I been doing recently" I say to him. "Those weren't mistakes Ellie, you followed your heart, now you getting hurt and all was not your fault." he said looking at me. I just looked down and shrugged "Now you listen to me Ellery Rose Teller, you're going to go out there and dance your little heart out because you are amazing at it." he said pointing at me and I nodded. 

     I stood there in my dance outfit waiting for the girl from another team to finish. She did really good which made me even more nervous. The girl ended her song in a split and then bowed and walked off the stage. I walked out my hands behind my back my toes pointed I continued to walk out until I was in the middle and I turned to face the judges and the crowd. "The next dancer is Ellery Teller of Ms. Lewis Dance Academy from Charming California lets give her a hand" the announcer says. I see my dad standing up clapping and gives a little whistle to me. I took a deep breath as I looked around to see most of the club, my friends, and my grandparents. I looked to the side and seen Chris smiling up at me along with my dance teacher. 

Dance begins

I Lay on my side my toes pointed as the song begin to play I close my eyes. 

I don't want to play this game no more  I moved my knees into my chest 

I don't wanna play it  I Move my legs back and roll over to lay on my back

I don't want to stay 'round here no more  I lift my chest off the floor pulling the rest of me up so I was standing. 

In my recovery  I run and jump making a split in the air

I'm a soldier at war  When I land I roll and get back on my knees placing my face on the floor pretending to scream

 I have broken down walls  I pull my self up and start to beat my head as I was still on my knees

I defined  I started to stand as I let one hand stop hitting me

I designed  I fully stand as my hands raise up and I move them down my face again

My recovery  I let it all fall as I fall back to the ground 

Dance ends

           I was back in the dressing room getting dressed for the duet I had with Chris I was slipping on my next dance outfit when a knock came to the door. I go to open it to see my dance teacher "Hey," I say letting her in along with the little kids who just got off the stage. "How did everyone do?" I asked them as they were all wore out. "They did great out there" my dance teacher told me as she handed out water to them all. "Now Ellie This is our last duet of the night the last solo is Jada and she goes on a few dances after yours. I believe you and Chris can do this, you both are really great." she said to me as they announced for the next duet to line up. I walked down the hall to run into Chris also walking to our line up he walked over to me putting his arm around my shoulder pulling me into him. "We got this" he said smiling to me "Yeah" I say nervously. When the duet in front of us was finished we walked on to the stage as the announcer announced "Welcome Chris and Ellery from Ms. Lewis Dance Academy, Good luck to you both".