chapter 7: Oh Brother

A/N ok so guys This is really a chapter mainly just for Abel and his sister Ellery.

I decided not to go to dance practice today maybe it was best not to run into Chris especially after last night. Instead, I decided to keep my dear brother some company. I walked into the hospital to see Ashonti leaving. "Hey, girl what's up," I say as I hug her "Nothing I just went to see, Abel," she said. "Oh?" I questioned looking at her waiting for her to tell me more. "well I need to go" she quickly said giving me a hug and then leaving. if she likes him or if they're together I wish someone would tell me I thought as I walked to the elevator.

"Hey, brother, " I say as I walk into the room and see him playing on his phone. "You should see this photo grandma sent me last night of us," he said. I walked over to the bed and crawled in beside him "oh god how bad is it" I say. He shows the photo (the one above) to me and laughed "We look so comfortable." I say to him. "More of you then me I'm ready to get out of here and back on the field." he said. "you do realize you have to sit out 2 games right," I say looking at him. "Yeah I know I need time to recover but hey I'm a teller and we don't stop at nothing," he said with the biggest smile on his face. I shook my head one day that saying is going to be the death of me and him I thought. "Let's play cards" I suggest holding up the pack I brought "Oh yeah," he said. I was sitting at the end of the bed and he had the rolling table thing in between us as we played cars. My phone kept buzzing and buzzing from text messages but I chose to ignore them.

Text Messages :

Mrs. Lewis: Hey darling hopes everything is ok with your brother.

Chris: Hey

Chris: are you not showing up to dance today.

Chris: these kids at the dance are missing you.

Unknown Number: Poor dear brother of yours. hope he doing better baby.

Unknown Number: I bet you look fine as hell today

Chris: Look I'm sorry about last night alright if that the reason you didn't show up today or not I'm really sorry. Just talk to me, please.

Text Ends

"Wow sis you seem mighty popular today s their a special boy I should know about," Abel asked me. "Nope ..." I say I mean how do you tell your brother some creepy person texting you and that I kind of think his best friend Chris is hot and Chris kissed me last night. "Come on Ellery we aren't keeping secrets are we," he said leaning closer to me staring in my eyes. "I could say the same for you," I say not letting him get to me. "What about me?" he asked. "You and Ashonti," I say staring at him now waiting for an answer. "Alright let's make a deal," he said holding out his pinky. "Alright," I say holding out mine. "We tell each other everything right now no secrets no holding back," he said. Shit this could actually get me into some trouble but why not "Deal" we looped our pinky around each other. "you go first brother of mine" I say looking at him. "I and Ashonti are together and before you freak we been together for a while we decided not to tell anyone just yet because we weren't certain how you were going to take it. She has been wanting to tell you and I been saying no because I would rather you hear it from me and be pissed at me then her" He said leaning back. "What! I knew it! I knew there was some new type of glow on her face! I was so right!" I say happily. " you're not mad," he said "No I'm not because she looks happier than before. I'm glad you told me." I say "Yeah me too because she wants me to take her to the movies soon." he said. I laughed at his face "Awe you're not used to a committed relationship" I say "Just don't break her heart doofus" I added.

"Alright what about you," he said looking at me. "oh Really its a lot are you sure you want to know?" I say looking down. "What's going on?" he said looking at me "Isn't there a guy that likes you" he then added. "I don't know," I say looking back at my phone. "What about Chris?" he said "What about him" I responded. "I have seen the way he looks at you, the way he dances with you, You know he broke up with Avery for someone else." I looked at Abel when he said this. "Huh? No" I say my heart was pounding does Abel know about the kiss what if Avery finds out she will kill me. "Yeah, he told me himself," "What did he say" "He said that Avery was too much she was a good fuck but she wasn't for him she was down for anything and he said it was getting old." I looked down not knowing what else to say and I think my brother caught on to that. "What's going on," he asked me. "There is no boy in my life I doubt there will ever be a boy in my life ... Me and Chris I don't think he sees me has anything special ...There actually is a guy that keeps texting me I don't know if it's a guy or not actually but he constantly texting me and wanting me to talk to him saying all these things. It's creepy."

"Show me the messages he sends you." My brother asked me. I grab my phone off the table and go to the messages. I watched my brother go to the very top of the messages then start reading them. I cleaned up the cards as he reads it was very quiet but you could tell by the way he was looking he wasn't happy. "This is a guy." he finally speaks out. "How do you know," I say "Do you know him?" I asked. "No but the way he is talking to you that's a guy trying to get in your pants," he said. "Well, I don't want that. I just want this creep to leave me alone." I say. "I got this little sis," he said and start typing on my phone.

Text Message:

Unknown Number: Come on baby I could let your worries about your brother go away.

Me: Look Ass this is her brother and I don't appreciate the way you are talking to my little sister. You are probably some old hold hag that needs to leave her alone. I will personally find who you are and beat the living shit out of you if you don't.

Unknown Number: Whatever I ain't scared of you chicken shit. You can't keep me away from her or look at her. I will see her at school.

I looked at Abel has he handed me my phone "Block him. Right now". I look at the last message "He is in our school?" I say kind of scared now. "Don't worry about it I have your back always little sister" he said as he flicked my little nose. He used to flick my nose when i was little that was his thing to show me he was always there. "I love you, dear brother of mine," I say and kiss his forehead "I love you to idoit," he said.