Chapter 4 - Payback's a bitch

Weeks went by. Allegra focussed everything on finding the Seals. The easier ones she managed to keep closed up herself, and she informed Dean by shoving a note under his motel door. She continued to watch over him at night, and she still appeared in the distance when he thought of her, but she refused to talk to him. She knew it vexed Dean, but he would just have to deal with it. Being that close to Sam... Na-ah, it was too big a risk. Besides, Dean was a big boy, he could take care of himself... most of the time, anyway.

Allegra was chasing a lead on yet another Seal in what looked like an underground tunnel network beneath a little town in Georgia. The pungent lingering smell of alcohol told her it was most likely used by bootleggers decades ago. It probably wasn't a good idea to be down there on her own, but the other options were asking the Winchesters for help or leaving the Seal as it was. Neither agreed with her. 
A sudden noise spooked Allegra. She whirled around, searching for whatever it was that made the noise with her flashlight. But it looked like she was still on her own. She exhaled and turned back around, only to jump at the sight of a certain angel standing right in front of her then. 

"Jesus!"

"No, it's me," said Castiel. "Do you need more light to...?"

"No, I don't need more light! Dammit, Castiel, a little warning would be nice! How 'bout hanging a cat bell around your neck, huh?!"

He tilted his head in puzzlement.

"I am not a cat. Why would I wear such a contraption?"

"So that you can't scare the living shit out of people anymore!" yelled Allegra angrily. "You almost gave me a friggin' heart attack!"

"My apologies." 

"What do you want? I haven't heard from or seen you guys in weeks, months even. Now you pop up out of nowhere. What's up?"

"We require your assistance."

What else is new?

"With what?" demanded Allegra.

"Someone is killing angels," explained Castiel. "We trapped a demon but need your help interrogating him."

"What makes you think I can...?"

Then Allegra noticed his awkward expression. He was avoiding her gaze. It gave her the answer she needed. The one she feared.

"No. No, you can't ask me to do that!" she exclaimed.

"Someone will be there to help you." Castiel purposely ignored her objections.

"I don't give a damn if someone helps me! I'm not..."

The angel grabbed hold of her wrist, and Allegra found herself inside a warehouse room of some sort.

"Castiel! Dammit! I'm not doing this, you hear me?!"

"Allegra?"

She immediately recognized the voice that spoke to her and turned to face him.

"Dean? What are you doing here?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing." Dean looked even more confused than she was. "Cas told me to wait before I went in, and next thing I know, you show up."

Allegra huffed in annoyance.

"So he kidnapped you too, huh?"

"Cas and that bitch, Uriel, dropped me off here to interrogate this creep on some angels that got killed, and then Cas said he was getting someone to help me. Now, I know why they want me to do this, but why you? You didn't torture anyone in Hell, so why are you here?'