My first Child

Oh now that's one of my favorite memories.

I was in the hospital outside the room that France was in. I must have been pacing for minutes on end because I was so nervous.

After a few moments, the doctor said I could enter the room so I did.

Once I entered the room I saw France lying on a bed holding a little bundled up blanket. I walked over to her and sat in a chair beside her. She handed the blanket to me and I held him in my arms. I was shaking so much because I was so terrified I was going to drop the poor thing! I pulled back the top of the blanket so I could see his face, god, he was almost as beautiful as France..

It did not matter to me that he didn't look like me, I was just glad he was healthy. He was so tiny and I was worried he wouldn't survive for long. He opened his eyes and they were dark pools of black. I was a little taken back but I still loved him. He started to cry and my heart broke. He had the softest cry I had ever heard. His cry was softer than a feather landing on water. I held him to my chest and rocked back and forth. Once he stopped crying I craddeled him, I also noticed that his black tears had stained my white shirt but that didn't matter at the time. I was a father. And that was my beautiful baby boy.