Nine

I shut off my bathroom light then looked at the lit street and the trees that were two streets over, going to the stairs. I quietly went down them then peeked into Sarah's room, seeing she was sound asleep. I shut her door then went to the backdoor, but I stopped as I saw the alarm system. I'll have to be quick, which won't be too hard with her being in a wheelchair. Do I have the strength to run there though? I took a deep breath then grabbed the doorknob, closing my eyes before I thought too hard. I ripped the door open, the alarm going off, then I ran outside and cursed my stupid self for not remembering to bring a damn jacket and for wearing shorts and a tank top in the winter. I kept running through the snow, hearing Sarah screaming from behind me, then I got to the next row of houses and weakly climbed the fence, falling into the snow on the other side. I stood then kept running, shoving the gate open and seeing the woods in front of me. I smiled and used the last of my strength, running into the woods. I cried out as I slipped and hit the ground, my hands scrapping against some rocks as I smacked my head into the ground, then I weakly pushed myself up, reaching up to push my hair back behind my ear.

"Dammit." I whispered, hugging myself as I stood. I could feel the cold seeping into my skin, but I was focused on trying to remember the way to the house at the heart of this forest.

"Ben?! Jeff?! Jackie, Puppeteer, Jane, anyone?!" I yelled, hoping one of them would hear me, but I got nothing in return.

"Please, I'm freezing! I'm sorry for leaving, just don't let me die! Hello?!" I cried then screamed as I tripped and hit the water of the creek, soaking my clothes. I started crying, knowing I was going to die in this white wasteland, then I stood and kept walking forwards. I stopped as I saw footprints in the snow then screamed in anger as I realized they were my own, and the forest was moving me around to try and trap me.

"FUCK THIS DAMN FOREST!" I screamed into the cold air, tears falling down my cheeks, then I leaned against a tree and sat on the ground in the snow.

Slenderman's POV
"FUCK THIS DAMN FOREST!" She screamed, then I turned, looking in the direction of her voice.

"Everyone, this way!" I yelled, and everyone began following me.

"Are we sure it was Trix?!" Laughing Jack asked and, I nodded, familiar with her presence in my woods.

"I would know her presence from anywhere!" I said as we walked, but I stopped as we got to the creek, and I saw her footprints on either side.

"She fell into the water."

"Oh god, she's going to freeze!" Jane cried, then I crossed the creek and took off running, following her footprints.

"Slendy-"

"He's going to get to her!" I stopped as I lost her tracks then realized the forest moved her, making her get lost. The one time I didn't want my woods to trap someone, it did.

"Where is she?!" Ben yelled as they caught up, but I shook my head.

"I don't know."

Trix's POV
I groaned as something warm rubbed against me then I slowly opened my eyes, seeing Smile Dog there.

"H-hey, Sm-Smile." I weakly breathed then hugged him as he wiggled against me.

"Try-trying to wa-warm me up, huh? D-don't both-bother, I'm go-going to d-die anyway." I whispered then looked up as something bigger hit me, seeing Seed Eater.

"He-hey, Se-Seed." I whispered, then Smile howled into the air, loud and long and almost as if he were sad. As he did, Seed Eater laid around me to try and warm me up, but he didn't offer much in the way of covering me. Smile howled again and again, but the more he did, the sleepier I got.

"St-stop, Smi-Smile. You-you're... Mak-making me... Ti-tired..." I trailed, falling into the snow completely, then Smile Dog howled again as Seed Eater nudged me over and over between his own cries into the freezing air. I thought I heard someone call my name, but it sounded like my mom. I smiled as her warm hands grabbed me, then she hugged me, holding me close.

"I have you, I promise." She whispered, giving me the comfort I needed to die peacefully.