"You got this?" 'Pearlie' asked. There was a moment of silence, then the door opened. The first thing they saw was your empty bed.

  "Wait, where is he!?" 'Pearlie' ran forward, towards your bed, patting the sheets, revealing herself to be that short inkling you saw from the news yesterday. That means...

  A second later, a tall, dark skinned octoling walked into view, as 'Pearlie' turned around to look at her. She looked at Marina, before her eyes locked into you, and she pointed at you.

  "Marina! He's right-" 'Pearlie' didn't get to finish her sentence before you lunged forward, grabbing Marina by the shoulder, and flashing the knife to her neck. Marina froze up, stiff as a board as 'Pearlie' started to hyperventilate.

  "You have exactly 5 seconds to explain how I got in this room, before I paint the room green." You threatened.

  "I-I SAW YOU ON THE STREET!" Marina screamed in panic.

  "I DECIDED TO HELP YOU OUT AND BRING YOU HERE!" She continued. She was scared out of her mind. Figures. You sighed, retracting the knife and pushing Marina forwards. You still held the knife, in case either of them tried something. 'Pearlie' caught her friend, before looking at you with fear.

  "Please, you can have whatever you want, but don't-" You silenced her by pointing your knife at her.

  "I don't want anything." You told her. This clearly confused her beyond what you expected.

  "Nothing?" She asked. You paused, lowering the knife.

  "On second thought..." they both winced at the words.

  "...I would like to know your names." You stated. Marina looked at you in shock, 'Pearlie' even more so.

  "You... don't know us?" Marina asked. You finally relaxed, putting your knife away. The two were still on high alert, nothing you could blame them for.

"Listen, I've been... not here for a while. Best I can tell you I know of is the Squid Sisters. All I know is that you-" you nodded towards Marina.

"Are named Marina, and the both of make a group called Off The Hook. Now, your real name-" you pointed at 'Pearlie-'

"-is not Pearlie. What is it?" You asked. Pearlie did her best to regain her composure.

  "It's... it's Pearl...." an awkward silence ensued, until she made the decision to strike a half-hearted pose.

  "Check it?" She asked. You sighed, looking at the open door, before looking back to the two, extending your hand to shake.

  "My name is Y/n. I would say it's a pleasure, but to you, it's probably not." You introduced yourself. Marina started to walk forward to shake your hand, before Pearl grabbed her leg, stopping her. You sighed as the two whispered at each other, before using your left hand to reach into your pocket. The two watched you take out your knife, and toss it aside, to the entrance of the room. You then backed away, towards a door that seemed to lead to some kind of guest bathroom. Pearl ran over, picking up the knife, pointing it at you. Now more comforted, Marina chose to walk over. You extended your hand, and Marina grabbed it. You both gave a firm shake before letting go. Marina backed away, not taking her eyes off of you as you sat down on the floor, picking at your nails.

"Um... Y/n?" Marina spoke up. You looked at her, then back at your nails.

"Why is your hair that color?" She asked. You snapped your head up to look at her, shooting a glare at her. She backed away, before your face softened up.