Kids in my appartment

I sit in my bedroom sketching a rose wrapped around skull in the quiet when I hear my appartment door open so I peak around the corner hoping to see Opie. But instead I see a little boy and a older but still young girl walk in followed by opie. I sit quietly in my room and listen to them. "Why are we here?" Ellie asks in a grumpy voice.

"We are going to stay with Clair for the weekend because grandma has some things to do." Opie explains as i hear little footsteps start running toward my room. I place the sketch pad onto my night stand as Kenny comes running into my room and jumps on the bed. "Kenny?" Opie ask aloud.

"He is in here." I answer. He walks into my room and sits on the edge closest to the door.

"Sorry..." He says as he looks down at Kenny.

"He is fine. Where's ellie?" I ask as Kenny leans on my knee.

"She is sitting in the living room playing on some kind of gaming thing. She is not really happy about being here." He says leaning back into the pillows.

"Kenny, there are some cryons and paper in that tub," I say pointing at a small tub next to my dresser, "you can take those in the living room and color with your sister while I talk to your dad."

"Ok." He says excited as he jumps off the bed and takes the tub into the living room.

"I love yall being here but, what are you and the kids doing here?" I ask turning around to face him.

"Mom has something to do this weekend and the court granted me permission to have my kids this weekend as a test to see if I'll be able to watch them and maybe get them back."

"That's great! If this weekend goes good will you get to have them more often?"

"I hope so."

"You all are welcome to stay here but I don't know where the kids will sleep."

"Thanks. I will call Gemma and ask her if she has some sleeping bags or something."

"Ok. What are we going to do about ellie not liking me?"

"I was hoping this weekend would work that out." He says as he leans and kisses me softly.

"I hope so too." I say smiling into another kiss. "Maybe we can take them down to my art studio?"

"I think that would be a great idea and maybe we should take them to the park sometime." He says.

"Dad?" Ellie says walking into my bedroom.

"Yes darling?"

"I'm hungry." She says looking straight at him.

"I can fix us some dinner. What do you like to eat?" I say trying to connect to her.

"Grilled cheese."

"I love those too! Do you want to help me make them for all of us?" I ask as i step off the bed and wall toward her. She looks from me to Opie and back.

"Sure." She says half heartedly.

"Ok, let's head into the kitchen then." I say as i lead her into my kitchen. I grab out a frying pan, bread, butter, and some cheese. "Will you butter the bread while i get the stove ready?" I ask sliding her the butter tub and a rubber spatula.

"Ok." She says as she opens the butter and starts to spread it on the bread. I turn around and turn the stove on so it wood warm up. As i turn to get bread from Ellie i see Opie sitting on the couch drawing with Kenny. Taking in the scene just made me smile and imagine what it would be like to have a family life like this.

"Here you go Jessica." Ellie says handing me bread with butter on it.

"Thank you Ellie." I say as i place cheese in the middle of two pieces and place them in the pan followed by another sandwich. "Hey Opie, do you want a sandwich or something else for dinner?"

"What ever you feel like cooking is fine with me." He says looking up from Kenny drawing and smiles.

"Ellie, what is your daddy's favorite dinner?" I ask as i flip the grilled cheese.

"You should know. Your his girlfriend."

"Ellie!" Opie says loudly to let her know she did something bad.

"She's right. I'll fix you and i some steak and broccoli." I say to Opie. He gets a big smile on his face. "I think these sandwiches are done if you and Kenny want to sit at the counter I'll bring then to yall." Opie helps Kenny onto a stool next to Ellie. Then walks around the counter to help me get their plates ready. "Juice or milk? Fruit or chips?" I ask grabbing to cups out of the cabinet.

"Milk for El and juice for Kenny." He says grabbing both out of the fridge. I give him through cups so he could pour them.

"Fruit or chip?" I ask again as i put the sandwiches on two different plates and cut them in half.

"Chips." He responds. I grab a bag of regular Lay's and pour a hand full onto their plates.

"Here you go. I hope you like them." I say as i walk back to the fridge and grab steak. I walk over and place it on the frying pane.

"I'll cute the broccoli up so we can cook it." Opie says as he pulls the stalk of broccoli and cuts off little off small piece.

"Place them in the pan when your some with some butter." I tell him as i flip the steak.

"Yes ma'am." He says with a chuckle as he places some in a pan and them places a small dollop of butter in the pan. I turn and smile at him them check on the kids who are still busy eating.

~~

"Jess?" Kenny asks as he walks over to me while I'm siting at a art easel painting.

"Yes." I say looking down at him.

"Where is the extra paper?"

"There is a bunch of construction paper on that table over there next to the paint." I say as i point to a table in front of me.

"Thanks." He says as he scampered away. I smiled as i watch him get a big piece of green construction paper and start painting on it.

"Hey babe. Thanks for watching the kids while I went to the club." Opie says as he walk into the studio and kisses me on the top of my head.

"No problem." I say looking up at him.

"Wow. This picture is beautiful." He said looking at the picture that I was painting. It was a water color of Kenny and Ellie doing some painting in the studio.

"It's yours once I'm finished." I say t smiling up at him him.

"Thanks! I'm going to check on the kids. What do you think about maybe leaving here and get some ice cream then go to the park so the kids can play?"

"Sounds good. I'll go check on Ellie and we'll meet you at the door." I say standing and putting my paints and brush away. I walk over to the table where Ellie had been siting since we arived. Walk up i notice that she has drawn a picture of a guy that looks like Opie. "This is really good Ellie."

"Thanks. I like to draw when I'm bored." She says looking up at me.

"That's how I got started in the career of being a artist." I inform her as she looks up at me. "Your dad's here. You want some ice cream?"

"Yay!" She says as she runs toward the door where Opie and Kenny stood. I smile at him as i pick up the picture and put it on my corkboard that I hang pictures on for inspiration.

"Ready to go?" Opie asks making my way over to them.

"Yes." I answer simply as we walk out the door.

___________________________________

~Yay! Ellie and Jess are bonding over art.

~thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share!!

~I can't believe last Tuesdays episode and can't wait for the next episode even though it is the last. What is everyone watching after SOA goes off? I'm going to wait for justified to come on. I've been watching it from season one.