Life

It has been three weeks since my sister and her husband had been attack. She recovered from the small bleed. He has minor scratches and bruises still but they are fading. As for me I've been hanging around Opie when I get the chance. Normally life got in the way. Either he had club business or I have to work at the art studio. Whenever we get time we were together. As for the dead wife and the children that live with his mom, we havn't talked about since.

"What are you writing over there? A book?" Opie asks as he walks into my bedroom. I gave him a key after that night so he would have a safe place to crash if he needed it or didn't want to stay at the club.

"I wish." I say sliding it on to the bedside table. "What are you doing here? I thought you had garage duty today."

"I took the day off to go see my kids." He says sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Then why are you here? I'm not your child."  I say as I playfully lay my head on his thigh.

"Good thing because things would get pretty weird." He says leaning down to kiss me softly on the lips.

"I know you didn't come here to love on me. Why are you really here?" I ask looking up into his brown eyes

"I was thinking maybe you would like to come with me." He says running his hand through my hair looking down at me.

"Really?" I ask sitting up. "You want me to go with you to meet your kids and mother?"

"I figured since we have been together for a while and I plan on being with you for a lot longer you should meet my mom and kids." He says looking at me with a worried face on.

"I would love to meet them! If your mother is as nice as Piney then I should be fine." I say as I jump on the bed then hug him in excitement. "Should I bring anything? What are we doing?"

"Calm down! She ain't that nice." He says in a tone that I can't tell if he was joking or not. "We are going to ride over to my moms and spend a few hours with my kids. So everyone can meet you and you can meet them."

"I need to get ready. I need to do my hair and my makeup. I need to look respectable for your mother and children."  I say jumping off the bed and run to the closet all while rambling to myself.

"Don't bother." He says walking up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I have to at least put on jeans and some shoes." I say glancing down at my outfit. I had on a pair of shorts, a neon green rank top, and mix matched knee high socks.

"Your beautiful the way you are." He says kissing the top of my head.

"You're lying but I love you anyway." I say stepping into the closet grabbing a dark pair of jeans and a pair of nice flip flops. "What?" I ask, pulling my hair down from a ponytail, once I notice Opie's face.

"I love you too." He says.

"Oh..." I say slapping my hanger over my mouth once I realize that that was the first 'I love you' from both of us. He smiles as he watches me.

"Go get ready. I'll be right outside."  He says as he kisses my check and walks out of the bedroom closing the door behind him. I smile and quickly change into the dark jeans and brush my hair and braid it into a fishtail braids. I put on some very light but flattering makeup as I slip on the flip flops on and walk into the living room to find Opie sitting on the couch. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be. I'm so nervous." I say as I nervously twirl the end of my hair around my finger.

"Don't be nervous I'll be there to protect you." He says with a deep chuckle. "They will love you."